Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning PFD - Really pleased with the results

Just thought I'd mention the following.

I recently purchased a used NRS Chinook PFD from a fellow forum member. It was in good condition, but was a bit faded and had some stains on the front pockets.

I took it home and washed it with some Persil (which the wife indicates that the greatest invention since forever) and it didn't really change the state of the PFD other than making it smell nice.

I then followed the directions and products noted @ this link and after one general wash and one deep scrub, the PFD looks 1000% better. Stains almost all gone, and the color or the PFD (Orange) really popped again. Will be adding the UV protectorant tonight.

Anyone else have any good success stories with cleaning their PFD?

smithmal
    smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Originally posted by smithmal View Post
    Just thought I'd mention the following.

I recently purchased a used NRS Chinook PFD from a fellow forum member. It was in good condition, but was a bit faded and had some stains on the front pockets.

I took it home and washed it with some Persil (which the wife indicates that the greatest invention since forever) and it didn't really change the state of the PFD other than making it smell nice.

I then followed the directions and products noted @ this link and after one general wash and one deep scrub, the PFD looks 1000% better. Stains almost all gone, and the color or the PFD (Orange) really popped again. Will be adding the UV protectorant tonight.

Anyone else have any good success stories with cleaning their PFD?

smithmal
    I rinse mine with fresh water from the hose after each use. That seems to prevent stains from setting.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

the stains build character!
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

What's this "cleaning" you speak of?

Comment