No announcement yet.

2017 - CCA REDTROUT Tournament - September 29th-Oct 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is still time to sign up! The weather is looking cool, with low humidity and lots of sunshine. Its going to be a beautiful weekend. The wind is going to be moderate at around 12-15 mph, so the kayak anglers will have a big advantage over the boat guys. Shallow water, creek fishing is something we excel at. With a North wind, there are lots of places find shelter. If you have the weekend free, come on down!

Fishing has been good with a few decent specks showing up and large upper 20's, low 30's rock fish in the creeks.

You can register here.

Hope to see some of you all this weekend!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I wish I could make it, sounds like it will be a great time. I am planning on coming down next weekend though if the weather cooperates.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Wind was cranking here in OC. I bet the same in Crisfield. Any reports

Comment

You can follow the leaderboard live here

https://www.ianglertournament.com/to...rd/2014/length

Comment

Kayaks did very well out there again this year even with strong winds.

1st Place (74+" largest total of the whole tournament) - Gina Tyler, a formidable Eastern Shore force, she has placed multiple times in this event, but this was her first win.

2nd Place (72+") Jared Lacey - Caught the biggest overall rockfish of the tournament at almost 29"

3rd Place (68.5") Doug Greiner - Too windy for Doug to catch bull reds and blow everyone away

4th Place (67.25") Matt Baden - Big Trout for kayak division, I also caught a 17" redfish, but was not big enough to qualify

Only one legal Redfish (25") was caught by boat for the whole tournament, no flounder, a few bluefish, and a quiet weekend for trout for the most part as well with the high winds and dips in water temp.

I fished the same location Thursday evening and water temp was 78 degrees that I fished Sunday morning and water temp had gone all the way done to 64 in the morning before moving back up to the high 60's by noon.

Great event, I have been every year except one. I encourage everyone to try to make the event in the future. Its great atmosphere down there and even if you have never been there, there are so many places to fish and really cool areas to explore.
            Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
            CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Congrats to all the winners!
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14
              Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

The wind was ridiculous Saturday. I grossly over estimated the wind blocking ability of the spot I chose to fish that day. I still found fish, but man-o-man did I get blown around at times! It's been years since I've come off the water and felt as tired as I did that day!

Home commitments kept me from getting to stick around a little longer and take part in some of the social stuff after fishing, which I was a little bummed about, but I still had fun and was glad I could take part in the tournament again. Sorry to any snaggedliners I didn't get the time to chat with other than a passing hello.

My best bass were 2 @ 24" and a 22.5". At the end, I didn't know the leader board and brain farted by not checking in Sunday. Cost me a crisp bill it seems. Doh! I tried hard gunning for Matt's trout too but couldn't top a 16" and 3 @ 15.5" with lot's <14" too. Too bad your red wasn't an inch bigger, Matt.

Congrats to the winners though! It looked like a everybody had a great time, CCA throws a top-notch event, and the American Legion is a wonderful host. Hoping I can try to do it again next year!
                Brian

Comment

The wind was crazy I fish in semi sheltered water all day caught 10 sea trout but nothing topping 12 inches and my largest striper was only 17. My back stiffened up after getting back to camp so I decided to pack it in and head home early. I will do this one again hope its not as windy.
                  D Hawk
                  Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                  Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

It was one of the windiest tournaments I've fished but it was a great time. On Saturday I picked a new area around Deal Island. In the morning on my way out to the "protected" shoreline, the wind wasn't too bad, but on the way back in JHoss and I were facing a 25 mph head wind for a mile. That was rough. Sunday was a little better but still extremely breezy in the AM.

As far as fishing goes, with the wind I couldn't reach the puppy drum or bull reds, so I concentrated on rock and trout. I basically exclusively fished topwater and scored two rock at 24.5 and 23.5, while losing another of equal size. I also landed a 16.5" speck. Sunday was a day filled with a ton of 20" rock and another 21".

Because of SlobberBobs brain fart, I ended up with "3rd" and recouped my gas money, but missed the big money. This tournament pays out some serious cash. It is also full of good food, and company. The atmosphere at the American Legion is also great with the biggest $7.50 flounder sammich I've ever seen!

This weekend is already cleared on my calendar for next year!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                      It was one of the windiest tournaments I've fished but it was a great time. On Saturday I picked a new area around Deal Island. In the morning on my way out to the "protected" shoreline, the wind wasn't too bad, but on the way back in JHoss and I were facing a 25 mph head wind for a mile. That was rough. Sunday was a little better but still extremely breezy in the AM.

As far as fishing goes, with the wind I couldn't reach the puppy drum or bull reds, so I concentrated on rock and trout. I basically exclusively fished topwater and scored two rock at 24.5 and 23.5, while losing another of equal size. I also landed a 16.5" speck. Sunday was a day filled with a ton of 20" rock and another 21".

Because of SlobberBobs brain fart, I ended up with "3rd" and recouped my gas money, but missed the big money. This tournament pays out some serious cash. It is also full of good food, and company. The atmosphere at the American Legion is also great with the biggest $7.50 flounder sammich I've ever seen!

This weekend is already cleared on my calendar for next year!
                      All that sounds awesome... minus the headwind.. and of course it's always a headwind and against the tide coming back to launch... what dates did you block out for next year?

Comment

My guess is it'll be the last weekend in September.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X