heading out Jonas Green 7/30 all welcome to join us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heading out Jonas Green 7/30 all welcome to join us

Taking my brother in law out of Jonas Green tomorrow moring. We play to hit the water around 6am.

I usually go towards the bay and troll around that sandy point at the mouth, but if any one has some advise I am willing to listen. I have never been further up the severn from Jonas and don't really know where to go up there. I hear Weems is a good spot but not been there either.

If you see us, say HI.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

My brother in law and I headed out and were on the water by 8. We headed south from the launch and trolled down and around the point. I got a bit tired from paddling so we stopped, drifted with cut bait on a sinker. We trolled back and got off the water around 1.
    In five hours we tried the following baits.
    Silver rattle trap
    1/2 oz jig with Opening night paddle tail.
    1 oz buck tail (white).
    3 oz buck tail (white with opening night paddle tail on it).
    a non-rattle wobbling hard bait (KVD made to look like a little bass) This thing ALWAYS catches stuff, perch, stripers, blues, walleyes, pike.. been a great lure for me.
    a 1/2 oz chartruse curly tail
    a 3/4 os green plastic bait wiht marking to look like a striped fish of some kind.

After all that we ended up with no fish, no bites, it was like there were no fish whatsover in the bay. I spoke with some of the other folks coming off the water and no one had much luck. One guy got some perch on a small white grub. He even caught some cat on that grub.

Still a fun day on the water, but I will skip Jonas next time I think... maybe try Chesapeak Beach or Ft Smallwood.

thanks to all of you who I met and talked to.. I met some very nice folks today.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Thanks for the report, sorry about the skunk. I was hoping to go out, but I have a wind limit of no more than 8 on the bay and this mornings weather showed 9 and 10 so I skipped. The rain and cooler temps just might have done something to them today. Better luck next time.

Comment

The Severn can change daily. Post weather front with all the rain and temp changes. Later this week I bet it'll be on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I concur. I was on the Severn this morning from 6-9 and only managed schoolies and perch, but had a great week before the first major rain. While the Severn can be stingy, she can also produce. The fish seem to be there, but you have to move around a lot to find them.

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
          The Severn can change daily. Post weather front with all the rain and temp changes. Later this week I bet it'll be on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post

After all that we ended up with no fish, no bites, it was like there were no fish whatsover in the bay. I spoke with some of the other folks coming off the water and no one had much luck. One guy got some perch on a small white grub. He even caught some cat on that grub.

Still a fun day on the water, but I will skip Jonas next time I think... maybe try Chesapeak Beach or Ft Smallwood.

thanks to all of you who I met and talked to.. I met some very nice folks today.
            So, sorry for the skunk. I've hand enough of my own skunks. A couple of thoughts:

-- If your going for perch, cast horizontal to stone (brick-brac) walls. Try various depths. Perch love these walls.
            -- Everyone has there favorite lure for perch. I use little spoons. But, the real pros on the forum use different kinds of lures.
            -- I have had the best luck for perch:

---> Down in front of the old Convent. The one with the American flag flying. Turn right after launching. You'll run directly into it.
            --> Also, in Weems creek.

-- Good luck next time!

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Good seeing you out there Pat. I only managed to catch schoolies and Wp. Nice day out at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Working...
              X