Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the top three things that you have learned from Snaggedline??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the top three things that you have learned from Snaggedline??

I'm just curious, what have you guys learned that has helped you guys out the most??

For me:

1.) How to get the fish turn your kayak, by just using pole placement. If you can imagine it... When I caught a larger fish trolling, I would:
    --> I put the pole straight in the air
    --> Then try to turn the yak using a one handed paddle........ I always lost the fish.

2.) Fishing is best in the morning.
    --> I was previously launching at 1:00 PM (after taking 3 hours leave). I'd sweat and afternoon heat, and catch perch but no keeper rock fish.
    --> Now I take leave in the morning. What a difference.

3.) Know where to fish:

--> Rock fish: Ledges.
    --> Perch: Stone walls.

4.) (I know, I said three things, but I couldn't help myself).......... Here is one more: I spent years getting upset and thinking that fishing was a black art, that could only be successfully done by those who knew the secret hand-shake. :-) But, by reading about you guys successes, I've come to realize it is just a series of skills that I need to learn.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Not so much what I've learned but the people I've met. Some I've only meet once or twice, others I've fished with dozens of times. All have been fun to fish with and each has brought a tidbit of info to my fishing knowledge. Oh, I also learned Anne Arundel apparently does not maintain there port-a-potties very well.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Not so much what I've learned but the people I've met. Some I've only meet once or twice, others I've fished with dozens of times. All have been fun to fish with and each has brought a tidbit of info to my fishing knowledge. Oh, I also learned Anne Arundel apparently does not maintain there port-a-potties very well.
      Agree 100%, Snaggedline is all about the people and the information shared between us is just icing on the cake. I've moved around a lot in the past 10 years and made a decent friend or two here and there, but Snaggedline has provided me many friends and many more acquaintances to fish with. What makes Snaggedline special from other major forums is the regional aspect of it. Everyone here is within driving distance of each other and sharing information about other places makes it very difficult sometimes to figure out where to go fish. I regular a few other forums that do not share this same sense of community, and for the most part as a result only use them for informational purposes.

I guess technically that's two, so for my third I would say I love having the search feature in each individual forum helping me to figure out patterns at various fishing locations. After I decide to go to such and such of place or find target species, it's a few clicks away usually to find an entire history of the area with detailed reports.
      Last edited by silasvirus82; 07-25-2017, 09:18 AM.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

1. Finest people around. The kayaking community is the best, most generous of all anglers.
        2. I've learned a lot about how people rig their kayaks and what's out there.
        3. It's great for hearing reports and matching the patterns to what I'm seeing where I fish.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X