Honga River Report 7/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honga River Report 7/18

I decided to take a last minute solo fishing trip to Honga River, hit the water @ 0530. No wind and calm water made it for a great 6 hours of fishing. This trip was more of testing my Vibe Ghost 130(new fishfinder/GPS, anchor trolley, and fishing rod holder placements) and scouting as I've hadn't fished in over a month.

I hooked up on 17 Rockfish(all between 17-19 inch class), 4 specks(biggest @ 11inch), and 2 small flounders all in the high grass. Loose Grass was definitely an issue fouling up lures while trolling on the water, which I switched to casting weedless. I also did do some crabbing, half a bushel.

Plus

The nosseums and horse flies were out in full force when I got back to the boat ramp.

Good job on the stripers, they've grown scarce for me on the other side of the bay.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Yeah, I just wish they were legal size. I've yet to catch and decent size Specks this year, but 2018 should be great for Specks. I might head back to Taylor's Island Tuesday or Wednesday I just ate my last White Perch fillets this week and need to restock.

Comment

Working...
      X