July 16th Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 16th Report

So low tide at dark is a very good thing right..I mean it worked good yesterday right..and it looked very poppery right. Heck the only thing looking up till dark was bluegill. And if you have bluegill, well then have fun with them right..So we played with the light fly rods and had a blast with micro-bluegill. Some big humppy backs too. A few small bass fell for the our bluegill bugs also. A pleasant distraction while waiting for the LGMouth to look up. At one point it felt like fishing on the surface of the sun. Golden hour arrives and we are back throwing poppers and the LGMouth just keep missing them..like they needed glasses right... A few managed to find our poppers but 7 out 10 missed the popper completely. 20 minutes after dark they shut down..I mean no movement anywhere..called it a day. Right..

Capt Mike

Do you ever try whopper ploppers? I did very good on them Sunday night on the upper part of the creek right after the sun went down behind the trees. 6 fish hit and 6 fish landed in 45 minutes.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Yes many times throwing them and not a sniff.

But as the heat comes on it might just work. I will keep trying. They look so good coming thru the water..they should work.

Capt Mike

Comment

I definitely recommend...they cast really far and cover a ton of water. I think they produce a good reaction strike. I think you are right about the warm water, these past 5 days are the best I have done with the lure. I caught 15 shore fishing in a small pond in White plains last night! All small, but a ton of fun.

Just wanted to say thanks for your reports. I was ready to quit on the creek the other night because I was getting no bites and the tide was soooo low...but your reports mentioning the low light times being the best kept me out there...and it wound up being a great night!
        Green Old Town Loon 111
        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Originally posted by mepps3 View Post
          Do you ever try whopper ploppers? I did very good on them Sunday night on the upper part of the creek right after the sun went down behind the trees. 6 fish hit and 6 fish landed in 45 minutes.
          No sniffs from any fish last night on whopper plopper. Still looks great and have not given up on it yet. On Guntersville AL. last year it worked very well. But those lgmouth are part piranha as they gang up on bait.

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
          X