DSLR Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSLR Cameras?

any of you guys into photography? i have been thinking about buying an entry level type of DSLR camera, not necessarily for the kayak, general use, but wouldn't mind taking it on the yak. i see there are some weather sealed cameras, they sealed enough for s splash or shower? i know technology on phones are amazing these days, especially with apps, so may not be worth it?
    sigpic

jet, I'm an amateur photographer[landscapes and sports] I would be embarrassed to tell you how much photography equipment I have. I have been unable to muster up the courage to bring any of my equipment on the kayak with me. My fear is well-founded I've lost two phones a radio and countless other knickknacks. The good news is now is a great time to buy a camera as they are all very very good–look for one that is waterproof and a way to keep the lens clean. The peace of mind we'll be worth its weight in gold....
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Comment

i have one for sale complete setup, 4 spare batteries, microphone, 2 lenses, body, and charger id like to get around $450 shipped still have original box. very well maintained. we upgraded my wifes so its been sitting. was using it a bit for wildlife shots but I don't ever take it out anymore.. its a Canon Rebel T2i 18.1megapixel
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I take my pro-level DSLRs out quite frequently. This is usually for landscape, wildlife, and outdoor recreation photography though (promotional shots for work). For fishing I am satisfied with the photos my phone takes, at least in daylight. However, if you want those really good shots for the photo album, here is what I do. I take a soft cooler and I keep the camera in there until I'm ready to shoot. I have never seen any water leak into the cooler, and when it is zipped closed it will float if it goes overboard.

As for an intro camera they're pretty reasonably priced on places like ebay. You can get a Nikon D3300, which takes nice photos and has HD video for under $400. DSLRs have a way better quality than almost any point and shoot, and most phones too.

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
          any of you guys into photography? i have been thinking about buying an entry level type of DSLR camera, not necessarily for the kayak, general use, but wouldn't mind taking it on the yak. i see there are some weather sealed cameras, they sealed enough for s splash or shower? i know technology on phones are amazing these days, especially with apps, so may not be worth it?
          I have a Nikon D60, d90, and 7000. I enjoy them all, but the D90 is my go to. I enjoy the fact that I can still use my oldest and newest lenses with each of the cameras. I haven't taken them out on the Yak but I have used them extensively on my bass boat. I might trade one for some Snaggedline Swag!!!
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

I have been into photography both professionally and as an enthusiast for 57 years. Currently I shoot with a Pentax K3ll and a Pentax K5 lls and a whole bunch of different lenses. My main reason for switching to Pentax some years ago was their weather sealing on all of their camera bodies and a host of sealed lenses to go with them. Pentax is the only camera system that can use every lens ever made. I have no problem with going out into a down pour or on my kayak and shooting with my camera without any protective covering outside of a lens hood. My only fear would be one of them falling overboard. There are a lot of really good entry level cameras by any of the companies one can start with most will handle water splashes if wiped off fairly soon.

Comment

Working...
            X