Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid-Severn River 7/14/17

I had some luck on the Severn this morning, too. I put in at Jonas at 7 am and had two quick hits trolling 4 " Z-man paddle tails about 50 yards from launch. Pedaled the Hobie towards the Bay and had a couple of small rocks on the way down. Then nothing for an hour. Went out past the radar towers and didn't see any birds working. On the way back ,in front of the Taylor Research Center both rods went down at the same time (figures!) while in 22 feet of water. Was able to land one feisty 22" fish--the other spit the hook after a minute while I played with the 22 incher. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pod again and that was it for the day. IMG_3530.jpg

Awesome. I am soooo jealous.
    Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 14

Thanks, guys!

Congrats, Magothyman!

Quote Originally Posted by Magothyman View Post
    I had some luck on the Severn this morning, too. I put in at Jonas at 7 am and had two quick hits trolling 4 " Z-man paddle tails about 50 yards from launch. Pedaled the Hobie towards the Bay and had a couple of small rocks on the way down. Then nothing for an hour. Went out past the radar towers and didn't see any birds working. On the way back ,in front of the Taylor Research Center both rods went down at the same time (figures!) while in 22 feet of water. Was able to land one feisty 22" fish--the other spit the hook after a minute while I played with the 22 incher. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pod again and that was it for the day.
    Good catch.

It's nice to see positive reports in two areas of the Severn.
    Mark

Olive Hobie Revo 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Nice, thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Nice, thanks for the report
    Thanks and no prob!

Steve: Very nice! I couldn't go out this week, but am planning on going out next week. Hopefully, as the summer goes on I can start to go out twice a week. Work has been killing me.... Hope it will slow down in a few weeks.

BTW: I Loved the video!!!

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley View Post
    Steve: Very nice! I couldn't go out this week, but am planning on going out next week. Hopefully, as the summer goes on I can start to go out twice a week. Work has been killing me.... Hope it will slow down in a few weeks.

BTW: I Loved the video!!!

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Thanks, Stan! Once you get back out there, I'm sure you'll be on them in no time!

sorry, this is a somewhat relevant but unrelated comment... I see you have the engel drybox/cooler. Is that the 30qt? How do you like it? How does it do holding striper that size?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    sorry, this is a somewhat relevant but unrelated comment... I see you have the engel drybox/cooler. Is that the 30qt? How do you like it? How does it do holding striper that size?
    No worries.

It's actually the 19qt. and I love it! It's very light and durable. I don't actually keep fish in it though, I put them on a stringer and leave them in the water til I get back to my launch. I use it strictly as a dry box since that's the only storage I have on my board. This 25" fish would not have fit in this 19qt but would fit in a 30qt as a buddy of mine owns one and has quite a bit more room. I put a couple single layer tackle boxes and a waterproof case for my personal stuff in it and there isn't much room for anything else but that's all I need it for.... and the 4 rod holders of course.