Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piney Point Heating up

St. Mary's County has some of the very best of the best launches...clean, well maintained, porto potties...and free...St. Inigoes, Elm's Beach...Breton Bay...and the fishing can be pretty good, depending on the tides and weather conditions...actually the entire Southern Maryland region has good, clean, free launches- Charles and Prince George's counties...and the State Park system down here does too...everyday is different as far as fishing goes...big croakers are in...bottom bouncers are having some good catches on strips of squid on double bottom rigs...and the White Perch are biting...occasionally you pick up a stray Flounder here and there...mostly undersized although there have been a few keepers reported...and specks are around...as are the occasional 25 inch striper...and those damn pesky bluefish...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Michael, it was a pleasure meeting you, Stacy, Joe and Katie. I kind of laughed when you said glad to see my kayak since I'm much more an Oscar Maddison than Felix Unger. I never wash it, no rod holders, keel guards would mar the patina I'm developing, and my loose bags of paddle tails tackle organization leaves much to be desired. Having a fish finder is my one concession to modernizing the kayak.
    It was a shame fishing wasn't better and the wind didn't do us many favors. Some day you'll have to take me snakehead hunting.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice to meet you as well Mike, thanks for showing us around. Hopefully fishing picks back up soon.
    Joe

2016 Vibe Sea Ghost 130

It did...Bill got a 20 inch Redfish this morning...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13