Anybody using GoPro Hero 5 or Session 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using GoPro Hero 5 or Session 5

Would really like to get either one of them. I think the voice control would be a great idea when fishing and when you get a fish on, give the voice command to start recording or take a pic.

My question is....how long does the battery last? From what i read, the unit has to be in standby mode to operate off of voice commands. If in standby, it would be eating up batter life.

I thought about running a USB to my fish finder battery but if you take the door off to run the cable, it is no longer waterproof!
    Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 14

Costco / Sams has the Hero5Session w/ Voice Remote (and i'm not sure what accessories) for $288 currently.

I have several Hero 4's, and they do the job for now; however I do like the voice remote ability.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Unless you are close to it the voice command is iffy and worse in the wind. It is easier ro just use the smart remote and pusd the button on it
      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
        Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

I have both currently

and i absolutely love them
          Battery is about hour n 20 minutes for both

I actually just leave the side door off them and run a 6 ft USB C cable to a external power bank. 20k mAh. Keeps both cameras running 8-10 hours no issues

I also use looping and just save the clips i want to keep my SD cards from filling up

The voice command is great. It works perfect. I use an external microphone on the 5 black and it enhances the voice command from further distances.

i 100% recommend these, even thought ive heard the hero 6 is coming in sept. maybe a little later and supposed to blow the 5s out of the water.
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
            I have both currently

and i absolutely love them
            Battery is about hour n 20 minutes for both

I actually just leave the side door off them and run a 6 ft USB C cable to a external power bank. 20k mAh. Keeps both cameras running 8-10 hours no issues

I also use looping and just save the clips i want to keep my SD cards from filling up

The voice command is great. It works perfect. I use an external microphone on the 5 black and it enhances the voice command from further distances.

i 100% recommend these, even thought ive heard the hero 6 is coming in sept. maybe a little later and supposed to blow the 5s out of the water.
            Thanks Zack. I appreciate your feedback.....

I was up at your store this week and picked up some supplies. Great store and very helpful staff.

I'll checkout the 6 before I make any decisions but I appreciate the feedback about leaving the door off and running the external power. That is the information i was looking for.
            Jackson Big Tuna
            Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
            X