Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YakAttack Blackpak Rigging Ideas

Also I cut the bottom off of a crate and made the tray part for a top compartment then put the ply wood lid on.

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5

I have a question as I am making another crate just for fun. I see most people putting their rods to the far side of the crates or other systems used. How easy is it to transition between rods with them being so far away. Especially in a seat that is not raised like some of the more premium yaks

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5

I had a older crate that I had sitting above tank well but felt it was too high

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5

Quote Originally Posted by Yakman35 View Post
    I have a question as I am making another crate just for fun. I see most people putting their rods to the far side of the crates or other systems used. How easy is it to transition between rods with them being so far away. Especially in a seat that is not raised like some of the more premium yaks

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5
    Not a problem for me and both my of kayaks have low-positioned seats. I believe my reach (32/33 inch shirt sleeve) is average for someone of my height which is 6 feet.

Actually, if the vertically stored rods were on the near side of the crate and immediately behind my seat, I think they would be harder to grasp and return to their holders. It would be like trying to scratch that itch on your back where you can't quite angle your arm to reach it.
    Mark

Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

I have run across this problem myself. I'll try the other way and see what happens. I've also thought of putting 2 at a angle one on each side like a scabbard style as well

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Actually, if the vertically stored rods were on the near side of the crate and immediately behind my seat, I think they would be harder to grasp and return to their holders. It would be like trying to scratch that itch on your back where you can't quite angle your arm to reach it.
    I agree with this. I'm a short guy and have no problem reaching back and grabbing my rods. (Mine are actually mounted on the side, but angled back so they are near the back of the crate.)

If you are setting up a new crate you could sit in your yak with the crate in place and see where the most comfortable place to reach for your rods is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135