Posting Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures

How do most people post pictures on this site? I find that the picture upload function on the forum isn't the best and the pictures it does post are tiny. Plus it takes considerable time to upload more than a single picture.

I had been posting pictures here by linking it back to my Photobucket account because I can add them right under the text and they show up nice, big, clear, and easier to see then the forum uploaded ones. And it was quick to do. But while replying to a question in an old thread I had started, I noticed the pictures weren't showing up. It appears that Photobucket doesn't allow third-partying sharing anymore with the free account? It isn't worth me paying for the upgraded account either since I only use it for personal use and not for something like a business.

So how do others post pictures here other than the forum uploader?
    Brian

the bad thing about uploading is when i view this site from my mobile phone (not logged in) the attachments are not viewable.

however, when I log-in, I can see everything, but when i'm back to a PC, the mobile-login dumps all my "new-thread/new-reply" bold font which helps me pickup where I left off the last time at a PC.

I upload my photos to the dreaded facebook (they are compressed, but still good large qualty, and you can upload to a public or private album) and once they are uploaded (from a PC) you right click on the image, click "copy image address". When creating a new thread, I literally kepyboard type [IMG] (then right click, and hit "paste" - which should be the image address you just copied) [/img] and it always works for me.

i'm sure there are easier ways, especially when publishing an entire album, but this way works for me. i can also upload an entire album to facebook, and then pick and choose which photos to add to my new thread on SL.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Yeah no facebook here so i guess that wouldn't work for me.
      Brian

Comment

Posting Pictures

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
        Yeah no facebook here so i guess that wouldn't work for me.
        I've read that PhotoBucket now wants $400 a year for you to be able to link you photos to a third party(forums).

I use a pay service to store all my photos. It's called smugmug and is about $55 a year for unlimited storage. I've been happy with it for more then a decade and have no complaints. It allows linking of photos and actually let's you select what size photo you would like to link. There are also some photo editing features built in and I'm sure it does way more then I use it for. Has a nice phone app too that allows you to upload photos to and from your phone as well as view all your photos you have uploaded.

smugmug image sizing gives you 10 options

Another option is to use the TapaTalk app on your phone. You can do photos directly from the app and I assume they host the photo. I don't know how long they host it for and obviously you don't have control over your photos once they're uploaded to Tapatalk.

Photo from phone via Tapatalk
        Last edited by willf650; 07-14-2017, 10:26 AM.
        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
        2015 Coosa HD
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
        X