Monocacy River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monocacy River

I've been on a job in Frederick the past few days and have passed over a small section of the monocacy river both days now. Does anyone fish this river? It looks shallow but maybe there's deeper sections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few of us just attended the June Meet&Greet on the Potomac, and Rich the host lives right adjacent to the Monocacy. I think his user handle on here is monocacykayaker. Hopefully others chime in with some good tips.
    Last edited by mchottie; 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM. Reason: *June
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Plenty of fish in the Monocacy!

Comment

Are there any places to launch a kayak on the Monacacy that also provide access to deep enough water for yak fishing?

Comment

This website has everything you need to know. http://recreater.com/292/Monocacy-Sc...ater-Trail-Map
          You can download a map with all of the launch points.

Comment

If you're able to sneak down to the mouth of the Monocacy where it meets the Potomac, there is excellent fishing. There is a boat ramp you can launch from and paddle up or down stream and easily make it back to the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Monocacy river bridge where the old Wal Mart on 194/26 has a ramp and everything. Also Devil Biss bridge road in Walkersville. Monocacy Battlefield, has a launch site as well. Plenty of launch sites and lots of cats and SM.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Working...
              X