July 9th Double Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 9th Double Report

Much like yesterday's trip we found the fish not wanting what we had to offer. The tide was coming in good and we scored a nice one on the pad edge. One is luck two is a possible pattern. After that nice LGMouth we went on a long dry spell with a few pushes away from the baits. At golden hour we pushed back deep into the pads but did not see much moving around. Tide dropped out early so abandoned that idea for main creek. At dark we found them and landed several and lost even more. Hind sight would have had me change lures and I am sure the big moon feed was gonna last till midnight. But you just can not fish all night sometimes.

I set the camera for a long exposure but had a little shake in this picture.. but you get idea.

Capt Mike

Lou and George frothed the water to no avail. Low tide at launch, George gets a nice bass on a popper in the first few casts of the afternoon.

Nada after that. Toward the end we all moved to a section where the PP have been cooperative at high tide.
    ONE shot...premature hookset...

The full moon sure was purty but, sure didn't help. Lou and George were good company and I'll see'm again in August!

Capt Dave

I know the tides don't always cooperate with when folks want to fish, but at Mattawoman, incoming tide allows the fish to go way, way back into the lillies and vegetation...my favorite time is outgoing tide about halfway through the outgoing cycle when the falling water brings the fish to the edges of the vegetation...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      I know the tides don't always cooperate with when folks want to fish, but at Mattawoman, incoming tide allows the fish to go way, way back into the lillies and vegetation...my favorite time is outgoing tide about halfway through the outgoing cycle when the falling water brings the fish to the edges of the vegetation...
      Interesting. Someday, I will get to the point of going beyond the blind squirrel syndrome and will know exactly what I'm doing. Until then, I'm just happy to be out there......

Best Regards,
      Stan
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

That is all that matters, Stan...as long as what you are doing gives you the results you want...no need to change...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X