Icast 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotalus View Post
    Does that price include the motor? If not, there is absolutely no justification for the price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I know right? That price is insane. For that price it should come with a flux capacitor and a battery capable of providing 1.21 Giga Watts.
    smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

with the skyrocketing price of brand new center console boats, there is definitly a market for this type of hybrid skiff.

i tend to think of this as a motorboat, with the boat being made of plastic - rather than a kayak with a trolling motor.
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

If it weren't for the price.....I would probably get one.

Kayaking for me is about having fun and I think a 6hp motor on the back of a 14' paddle board would be a blast!
        Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

i'd just get a waverunner instead of a skiff thing. van staal coming out with a "small" back bay waterproof reel

what do you think of bonefide's new yak?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeepdawg View Post
            If it weren't for the price.....I would probably get one.

Kayaking for me is about having fun and I think a 6hp motor on the back of a 14' paddle board would be a blast!
            I find them very interesting and would definitely be a blast to motor around on. I just don't get the price tag on the bote. Very similar design to the soloskiff (bordering on straight rip off), but twice the price. And to be honest, it looks a little cheaper. The bote looks more like a paddleboard whereas the solo looks more like a skiff (duh). You'd think the solo would be more expensive just looking at them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

I have been kayak fishing for about 12 years now.
              My primary fishing is Streams/rivers in the foothills and mountains of MD, VA, and WV,, I also hit local ponds, tidal rivers, and lakes. I have ventured into the Bay a few times.
              My mountain river fishing is typically and overnight, primitive camping riverside.
              I quickly transitioned from SINK, to SOT kayaks early on. a 10' Redfish, 2 Tarpon 120's. I quickly became frustrated with these boats, while they handled the mountain rivers just fine, the lack of a rear hatch to store all my gear inside was frustrating. I looked at ways to add a rear hatch, but it was not feasible. I had disposable income and was on the hunt to spend the cash, but refused to spend it on a half A$$ed solution.
              It would have been ZERO problem for the manufactures to add a medium sized hatch when designing the mold, but they did not. I was so frustrated that I spent many phone calls till I got the right person from R&D and inquired why no rear hatch, and if future model would include. Nope, they had no idea why a rear hatch would be needed. These are short boats, flat bottom boats, ideal for the class 1-2 rivers I ran. Plus these where not cheap box store boats in their day.
              These boats came from large corporations that I am sure are somewhat disconnected with the end user.
              Then Jackson came out with the Coosa, a boat designed by a river fisherman for river fishing, manufactured by a family business owned by a kayaker and fisherman.
              I say all that to say this:
              I see these boats coming out for big $$ that are not well thought out at all.
              The above Feel Free boat has a deep keel and looks like a Tri-hull,, so it is not going to be used in mountain rivers. But it is only ~12’ long? If I was buying a boat for open water it would be 14-16’.
              With the front well you just deleted all internal storage for all but small items.
              I am just not seeing what market they were going after with this boat,, or if the designers spent much (if any) time on the water fishing. What I am looking at is another very expensive boat that lacks design by experienced kayak fishermen.
              Captian of the plastic Navy
              1 - Mad River Canoes
              1- Tarpon 120
              1- Redfish 10
              1- Coosa HD
              2- Cuda 12
              1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                i'd just get a waverunner instead of a skiff thing. van staal coming out with a "small" back bay waterproof reel

Don't see anything special about the Bonefide kayak, but then again I only watched on short video and didn't dig into the details. Those Van Staals look really sweet though.
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post

I don't see anything on Bonefide's website except "check back later". What am I missing?
                  Jackson Big Tuna
                  Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Originally posted by jeepdawg View Post
                    I don't see anything on Bonefide's website except "check back later". What am I missing?
                    https://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishin...T9&sh=329131d4
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                      What has kayaking evolved too?
                      Are cabins next?
                      T-tops and outriggers.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        T-tops and outriggers.
                        What site are people using to see highlight videos?
                        smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
                        Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/tackledirect/videos

has a ton of videos showing lots of new products

http://www.sportfishingmag.com/

icast on facebook also has a lot of stuff
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a link to see many of the prize winning products from ICast http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017...17-highlights/
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis
                            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

i'm surprised no one has commented on the JET PROPULSION trolling motor!
                              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                              X