Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Icast 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
    Does that price include the motor? If not, there is absolutely no justification for the price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I know right? That price is insane. For that price it should come with a flux capacitor and a battery capable of providing 1.21 Giga Watts.
    2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

with the skyrocketing price of brand new center console boats, there is definitly a market for this type of hybrid skiff.

i tend to think of this as a motorboat, with the boat being made of plastic - rather than a kayak with a trolling motor.
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

If it weren't for the price.....I would probably get one.

Kayaking for me is about having fun and I think a 6hp motor on the back of a 14' paddle board would be a blast!
    Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 14

i'd just get a waverunner instead of a skiff thing. van staal coming out with a "small" back bay waterproof reel

what do you think of bonefide's new yak?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdawg View Post
    If it weren't for the price.....I would probably get one.

Kayaking for me is about having fun and I think a 6hp motor on the back of a 14' paddle board would be a blast!
    I find them very interesting and would definitely be a blast to motor around on. I just don't get the price tag on the bote. Very similar design to the soloskiff (bordering on straight rip off), but twice the price. And to be honest, it looks a little cheaper. The bote looks more like a paddleboard whereas the solo looks more like a skiff (duh). You'd think the solo would be more expensive just looking at them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

I have been kayak fishing for about 12 years now.
    My primary fishing is Streams/rivers in the foothills and mountains of MD, VA, and WV,, I also hit local ponds, tidal rivers, and lakes. I have ventured into the Bay a few times.
    My mountain river fishing is typically and overnight, primitive camping riverside.
    I quickly transitioned from SINK, to SOT kayaks early on. a 10' Redfish, 2 Tarpon 120's. I quickly became frustrated with these boats, while they handled the mountain rivers just fine, the lack of a rear hatch to store all my gear inside was frustrating. I looked at ways to add a rear hatch, but it was not feasible. I had disposable income and was on the hunt to spend the cash, but refused to spend it on a half A$$ed solution.
    It would have been ZERO problem for the manufactures to add a medium sized hatch when designing the mold, but they did not. I was so frustrated that I spent many phone calls till I got the right person from R&D and inquired why no rear hatch, and if future model would include. Nope, they had no idea why a rear hatch would be needed. These are short boats, flat bottom boats, ideal for the class 1-2 rivers I ran. Plus these where not cheap box store boats in their day.
    These boats came from large corporations that I am sure are somewhat disconnected with the end user.
    Then Jackson came out with the Coosa, a boat designed by a river fisherman for river fishing, manufactured by a family business owned by a kayaker and fisherman.
    I say all that to say this:
    I see these boats coming out for big $$ that are not well thought out at all.
    The above Feel Free boat has a deep keel and looks like a Tri-hull,, so it is not going to be used in mountain rivers. But it is only ~12 long? If I was buying a boat for open water it would be 14-16.
    With the front well you just deleted all internal storage for all but small items.
    I am just not seeing what market they were going after with this boat,, or if the designers spent much (if any) time on the water fishing. What I am looking at is another very expensive boat that lacks design by experienced kayak fishermen.
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    2 - Mad River Canoes
    2- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Prodigy 12
    1- Coosa HD
    1- Cuda 12

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    i'd just get a waverunner instead of a skiff thing. van staal coming out with a "small" back bay waterproof reel

Don't see anything special about the Bonefide kayak, but then again I only watched on short video and didn't dig into the details. Those Van Staals look really sweet though.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post

I don't see anything on Bonefide's website except "check back later". What am I missing?
    Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 14

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdawg View Post
    I don't see anything on Bonefide's website except "check back later". What am I missing?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishin...T9&sh=329131d4
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Quote Originally Posted by bignose View Post
    What has kayaking evolved too?
    Are cabins next?
    T-tops and outriggers.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback