Last Hurrah Before Heading Offshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Hurrah Before Heading Offshore

A friend and I did our last hurrah before we head offshore for a while to target tuna and sharks. I wanted to spool up some offshore rods for this weekend but he wanted to hit a local pond as last night was the last clear day in the forecast.

I caught 4 fish last night, the biggest was only 2 1/2# and lost 2 others. Even the two I lost weren't anything special.

My friend on the other hand had a good night. I believe he landed about 7 fish. His biggest was 6# and he swears he lost one that was larger trying to grab it boat side. I can't say if he's fibbing or not. All I heard was him yelling to come over with the camera. By the time I got near him he was back to casting and cussing. He was miserable for the rest f the night.

There were 7 kayaks there last night. I didn't see anyone else land a fish but this is a small pond and that's a lot of fishing pressure. I think we are going to pull out for a while and if we do some evening pond fishing we are going to target another pond.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)
Working...
X