Member vs Yak Cross Reference List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member vs Yak Cross Reference List

I've created a simple Google Sheet that will allow individuals to quickly identify what yaks everyone owns. This will help members to identify and contact other members if/when they have questions about their yak and/or when interested in purchasing/swapping a new yak.

If you have multiple yaks, please use mutiple rows to list all of your yaks.

There is also a location column. It would be nice to know everyone's general location (central, west, south, eastern shores, etc.) which would allow members to meet up with owners at their own discretion to demo their yak if possible.

As we know, these yaks are becoming more and more expensive so researching/demoing the right yak before purchasing is recommended. You should be able to also download the spreadsheet and sort the data however you'd like. I made this spreadsheet simple so that users can fill it out in 30 seconds or less. If there is additional information you'd be interested in seeing in the Google sheet, please comment in this thread.

The Google Sheet can be accessed here: link

Thanks in advance for volunteering this information.

smithmal
    Last edited by smithmal; 07-06-2017, 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated information
    smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

The signature is the only way as of now. I would suggest posting a question in the main forum if you have a question and typically someone who owns that kayak will respond quickly. Members buy/sell kayaks frequently, so it would be a list that needed to be updated frequently in order to be useful.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Do you think people would be opposed if I created a google sheet that members could go to and post their username and yak model information? Just thought it would be nice if there was a central location for newbs and/or members who are thinking to upgrade (or downgrade) to a new yak would find helpful.

(full disclosure; I'm presently looking for a yak and would find this information very helpful)

smithmal
      smithmal

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed at all. It would only add to the site IMO.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
          I wouldn't be opposed at all. It would only add to the site IMO.
          Good deal. I updated the OP with the link. If people could start adding their info, I think it would be a great asset to the forum.

smithmal
          smithmal

Comment

Originally posted by smithmal View Post
            Do you think people would be opposed if I created a google sheet that members could go to and post their username and yak model information? Just thought it would be nice if there was a central location for newbs and/or members who are thinking to upgrade (or downgrade) to a new yak would find helpful.

(full disclosure; I'm presently looking for a yak and would find this information very helpful)

smithmal
            Nice idea. Please feel free to use my name on the list.

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Buy a hobie and be done ��
              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

+1, get the hobie :P
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                X