• Show
Clear All

• Broken nautilus reel

1 post in this topic
    Bev67

BST Users
    15 posts
    Posted 1 minute ago ยท
    While fishing yesterday on Lbi and catching gator blues my spool dissociated from the reel. Fishing a flat wing on my 9 weight the third blue took a long run into my backing, as I was winching the fish in the spool feel right off at my feet! I quickly picked it up and stuffed back on the reel and makin sure no sand was in the reel(it fell right side up). Upon further inspection the female thread was missing / broken off inside the spool and lost. Made for a very interesting battle with the yellow eyed demon as it threw off once more and I had to hold the reel together. Fish was landed and released, hooked the corner of the mouth and the flat wing survived the battle

Has anyone had a similar issue?

and thank god for the lifetime warranty as I will be calling them today to return for service. I always wash off the salt and allow to dry before storing away.

Tight lines

Rich

IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.jpgIMG_2392.jpg

Wow that is a surprise. Firstly, nice job landing the fish while dealing with a mechanical issue. I have not had any issues with my NVG, let us know how the company is to deal with for warranty work.

Comment

So I Called nautilus and they said "ok, I'll just send you a new reel"
      I told them it's only a few months old and I think a new spool knob is all I needed.
      Thy asked for my address and and sent a replacement part in the mail. Reel is back up and running, no cost to me and I'll continue to buy from them.

Comment

I would love to catch a bluefish like that on the fly!

Comment

Working...
        X