No announcement yet.

St Mary's Get Together Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One week to the slower lower outing. Cooler temps and perhaps some rain this week should improve the shallow water bite. Like last time I'll attempt to provide live updates from the water.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Lousy tides in the morning...but I'll see if I can scare up anything...after action report to follow...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
        What about Gulp shrimp?? How would they do?? I live 2.5-3 hours from there, it's tempting.
        Steve- If you do come, I'll have one of my lures I have used to catch redfish for you as a gift...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Steve- If you do come, I'll have one of my lures I have used to catch redfish for you as a gift...
          You are such a tease. Unfortunately I cannot attend that weekend, I will be out of town. I do want to get down there and try out the Lower Slower. Please do keep me in mind for the next get together. And good luck to you guys.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Bill and I hit St. George's Creek this am...almost low tide when we launched...not a good tide situation but we made the best of it...a few fish were landed...some speckled trout, stripers and perch...nothing to brag about but legal fish for supper...

Comment

90% sure Stacey and I have re-arranged the schedule to attend Saturday the 12th.

Is launch-time / boat in water still 545am?
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Yes, launch is still 5:45 but certainly launching at 6 won't make any difference. Right now winds look good for Saturday (for what that's worth) but looks like maybe some light rain. I also think some folks will launch out at Jacks at the end of St George's Island ($5 donation) in addition to the bridge. Each offers its advantages and disadvantages. Hope you can make it.
                Mike

Comment

I am planning to come down. Anything special I should know or bring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep an eye on the weather...forecast is "iffy"

Comment

I've been wrangled into a Crab Feast at 1pm, so i'll keep an eye on the weather, and will probably be a 'game-day' decision, as we spoke previously, i'd like all conditions to be ideal when making a 2.5 hour drive south.
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Right now the weather looks acceptable until about 9-10 am...so if we launch at 5:45 that gives us a good solid 3 1/2- 4 hours on the water...but keep an eye on the weather...things can change...i am allergic to high voltage...thunderstorms with lightning keeps me inside-looking out...
                        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-10-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Picked up two bucktails and some fake bloodworms....they didn't have any fish bites. I've only fished salt water from the yak about 3x....I figure I can target croakers if I can't find anything else. I will be the guy in the blue outback copying what everyone else is doing. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Never mind...just saw that it was cancelled....guess I'm going locally for snakehead...
                          Hobie Outback
                          Stand Up Paddle Board
                          Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
                            Picked up two bucktails and some fake bloodworms....they didn't have any fish bites. I've only fished salt water from the yak about 3x....I figure I can target croakers if I can't find anything else. I will be the guy in the blue outback copying what everyone else is doing. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Never mind...just saw that it was cancelled....guess I'm going locally for snakehead...
                            I'm new to st Mary's county and southern Maryland in general if your ever looking fir someone to fish with I've been wanting to catch a snake head real bad!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                              Really enjoyed our last get together for slower lower folks so decided to do it again. Saturday, August 12 at Piney Point ramp, 5:45 launch. High tide is a little after 5 that day so we will have a nice falling tide throughout the morning. All species should be in play, stripers, trout, drum, and bluefish. Caught my first needlefish of the year this week so maybe some poor soul can have that pleasure as well. And no, you don't need to be from the slower lower to join us.
                              this still going on?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I started a second thread canceling this due to weather
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X