July 2nd Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2nd Report

Tonight's trip was gratuitous and that allowed me to cast a couple dozen times. Bill in the pictures below could cast well and managed several nice chunky LGMouth on toads and poppers. The other person on board "my brother" kept trying to reel the spinning rod up side down..But we worked on his casting all evening and by golden hour he was spot on. He lost several nice LGMouth on the jump and a big snakehead that took full advantage of his loose drag. He did land a bluegill..wait.. No it came off right at the boat. The weather was pleasant and not that hot at all with a cool breeze that slipped in at golden hour. It was fun to fish with my brother again.

Capt Mike

Nice fish. What body of water is that it looks beautiful. I live in western MD never fished below that so all that down there is foreign to me

Yakman35
    Perception striker 11.5

Comment

Mattawomen Creek. And yes it a gem in a sea of sewage plants. Been guiding here for 26 years and just love area for it's fish and wildlife.

Capt Mike

Comment

How is it for kayak angling?

Yakman35
        Perception striker 11.5

Comment

Excellent and many of your fellow snaggedline members have fished it also. They do a great job of catching snakeheads and LGMouth since they can go where the glitter boats can not.

Frog hatch is on and the bite good now that the water has warmed up.

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
          X