Looking for a second yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a second yak

I'm looking for a new kayak. I want something that can handle using on the river in slower sections,be just as good on the lakes. Afford me the ability to be able to stand for fishing. And not break the bank something under $1,000. Oh yeah it's gotta haul a fat guy. I'm 6' and a big guy.

What do you have now?

I just bought another kayak today, a 2017 Hobie Quest 13. Took it to the Susquehanna for it for it's maiden voyage, river was running pretty strong (25,000cfs?) and it really cuts through the current well. Not exactly in your price range, but without the seat it was $930 at DPS. The vantage seat from my 2015 Outback is the same, and fits perfect.

Kayaks and Jeeps keep multiplying in my inventory...two Jeeps, four kayaks.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I currently float around on a perception striker 11.5.

Yakman35
      Perception striker 11.5

Comment

Standing is going to limit you a bit; I "can" stand in my Outback at 33" wide, but I don't have the best balance. I don't plan on trying to stand (and fish) on the new kayak...not that I stand and fish on the other kayaks. I'm not much of a sight casting person, other than casting to what I can see from the seated position.

I know of a Ride 115MAX for sale, essentially a RIDE 115, but the fishing version with seat, rod holder tracks, and cart. It's near new, used once for a total of 4 hours from what I'm told. Would be a good kayak for what you're looking for. Not sure if Ed posted it for sale here.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/6187117773.html
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

+1 on the ride 115 it worked out well for me when I would fish rivers and smaller lakes. I tried to take it out off ocean city's inlet....not the best idea. But I could stand on one foot that kayak is so stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Desert Camo- Moken 14
          Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Yakman - I sent you a PM if you're still looking for a 2nd yak.

Comment

Nucanoe 12' Frontier is currently available on Craigslist in Frederick. The Nucanoe Frontier is one of the most stable boats on the market.

smithmal
              smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
              Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Working...
              X