Awesome Friday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Friday Night

I haven't been doing much kayak fishing since 2015 as we've been concentrating on shark fishing for 2016 and we'll be shooting for tuna in 2017. All that being said I still want to try and get out in my kayaks more and one friend just got his first kayak after borrowing mine a couple weeks ago. Three of us got together last night and fished from about 5:30 pm and were loading up to leave at 10pm. We had a stellar evening but one buddy is probably in the dog house today for skipping date night.

I personally caught about 7 bass and lost a big one and every one else probably landed around 5 bass. Here are some pictures I took last night as we were fishing.

My best landed fish for the evening and the whopper of the night. 6 3/4#

My #2 fish. No one was near me with the scale or to take a picture. Unknown weight but about 20" and guessing maybe 4 1/2#

Jeff's best of the night. 5 1/2#

Jeff's #2 fish 5#

Palo's best fish of the night 5#

Random images fishing with the guys and blowing off "date night".

Best date night I've had in a while. We're planning another date at sunrise on Monday morning.
    Last edited by willf650; 07-01-2017, 12:43 PM.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Love these pics and those fish. Real question, did you kiss your evening dates?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Quality bass right there!
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Love these pics and those fish. Real question, did you kiss your evening dates?
        I agree: Great pics..... Thanks

Concerning kissing your evening dates. Several of the pics showed that. e.g. the ones with fish in front of face. I have kissed multiple fish this year.... Like my first ever keeper rock fish.

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by willf650 View Post
          I haven't been doing much kayak fishing since 2015 as we've been concentrating on shark fishing for 2016 and we'll be shooting for tuna in 2017. All that being said I still want to try and get out in my kayaks more and one friend just got his first kayak after borrowing mine a couple weeks ago. Three of us got together last night and fished from about 5:30 pm and were loading up to leave at 10pm. We had a stellar evening but one buddy is probably in the dog house today for skipping date night.

I personally caught about 7 bass and lost a big one and every one else probably landed around 5 bass. Here are some pictures I took last night as we were fishing.

My best landed fish for the evening and the whopper of the night. 6 3/4#

My #2 fish. No one was near me with the scale or to take a picture. Unknown weight but about 20" and guessing maybe 4 1/2#

Jeff's best of the night. 5 1/2#

Jeff's #2 fish 5#

Palo's best fish of the night 5#

Random images fishing with the guys and blowing off "date night".

Best date night I've had in a while. We're planning another date at sunrise on Monday morning.
          good job .very happy on Friday. I actually very excited for your post
          ----------------------
          thanks

Comment

That's an impressive outing.

I'm heading to a Delaware pond in two weeks.

Can you share your tactics?

Where were fish holding?

Thank you,
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              That's an impressive outing.

I'm heading to a Delaware pond in two weeks.

Can you share your tactics?

Where were fish holding?

Thank you,
              This report is actually old and got bumped up. This was from the first week in July.

We had an awesome July bass fishing. Between my 3 regular fishing buddies we got 6 bass that were 6# or better and probably 30 bass 4-5 pounds all in July. This was due to two parts.

First of which this pond is a public pond within 3 miles of my buddies house and he was hitting it at least once a week. He noticed a change in it and found a pattern due to the change. The change being the fact that a pond that is normally choked out with seaweed had much of the seaweed die out.

The second part was we fished water no one else was. This pond is bordered by lilies around the perimeter on three sides. We didn't fish the lilies like everyone else was. We were in the open water of the pond along the edges of the thinning seaweed lines. All the larger fish we caught were in this location.

Most of the big fish were caught on spinner baits. Its one of only a few fast moving baits you can pull through seaweed without getting fowled. Even that is subjective to how bad the weeds are.

If it weren't for my buddy paying attention to what was going on with this pond and calling us in when he noticed something happening we wouldn't have hit this pond as hard as we did. This pond is actually in MD.
              2015 Coosa HD

Comment

Thank you.

Good observation by your buddy.

I noticed most of the photos had you guys positioned away from the edges.

I hope to find bass in a cooler setting than July in a couple of weeks.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Live report from another small pond.
                  4#

Good luck in your Delaware adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2015 Coosa HD

Comment

Fantastic!

Thank you for the well wishes.

I'll post a report.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Comment

Working...
                    X