Saturday July 8, 2017 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday July 8, 2017 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Last years July M&G that I hosted had a great turn out. Everyone had a good time fishing and many who came enjoyed the lunch at the Restaurant next to the ramp. I setup the lunch with the Restaurant owner (Paul) who put aside several tables for our group. It is outside dining with a beachy feel.

The July 2017 Meet and Greet will be held on Saturday, July 8th at Lowes Wharf Marina in Sherwood, MD. The exact address for your GPS is 21651 Lowes Wharf Road, Sherwood MD. It is about 1 hour from the Bay Bridge. We will launch at 6:00 AM, We

will be targeting Spots, Croakers, Perch, and Rockfish. Last year a sea trout was caught too. There are reports of croakers around for those of you who like to bottom fish. There may even be a Red drum mixed in, but none have been reported this year yet. Lunch will be at 12:00 PM at Lowes Wharf Marina Inn. http://www.loweswharf.com which is next to the launch. Occasionally they have live bands there in the summer while you have your meal. We must be at lunch no later than 12:30pm to be guaranteed several tables for our group. So don't be late, but feel free to go back out after lunch.

Lowes Wharf is a public landing in Sherwood Maryland. The landing has not been maintained very well, but the Marina has a boat ramp that the owner of the Restaurant will let us use for our event. This area is very interesting since it is the closet launch for a kayak to get to Poplar Island, an area known for catching rockfish. There are also two smaller islands near Poplar Island called Jefferson Island and Coaches Island. There are also plenty of shoreline to fish the shallows for Rockfish, perch and Reds. On the Northern point of Poplar Island, boats hang out there and live line for rockfish.

Since weather is always a concern, there will be a plan B launch spot. It is Harris Creek, which is only 5 minutes from Lowes Wharf. Rockfish, Croakers, Perch, Spots and an occasional Reds have been found in this area, but mainly Rocks, Perch, Spots and Croakers.

Please reply in this thread if you plan on attending this Meet and Greet, and also if you are planning to attend lunch, so we can give an attendance count to the restaurant. I will keep a running list of who is attending for everyone.

In the past, we have had up to 31 anglers attend this event. Since this is an Inn with visitors who rent the rooms, please keep the noise down to a minimum in the early morning when you arrive so you will not to not disturb any guests.

Don't forget your lure for the Bucket of Lure drawing. Bring a new lure, drop it in the bucket, get a ticket and during lunch, we will draw the winning ticket who will get all of the lures. If a lot of people shows up for this meet and greet, then we will have more than one bucket which means that we will have multiple winners.

Here is a link from the 2015 Lowes Wharf Meet and Greet to give you an idea from a previous year.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ht=lowes+wharf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coop1486; 06-28-2017, 01:57 PM.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Count me in again for both fishing and lunch Coop.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Attendees (Fishing, Lunch)

Coop1486 (Y, Y)
      MOC (Y, Y)
      Fishing Geek(Y Y)
      Aintmis Behaving(Y Y)
      Mark J Retch(Y Y)
      Fishing Fool ( Y Y )
      Kevinfry (Y Y)
      Oldbayrunner (Y Y)
      Plastic boat (Y Y)
      Daolai (Y Y)
      Cowpokey (Y Y)
      Wall-e (Y Y)
      Mike Mike ( Y Y)
      Egriger (Y Y)
      Rubyfish (Y Y)
      Pigpen (Y N)
      Keith ( Y Y)
      Last edited by coop1486; 07-04-2017, 02:19 PM.
      2012 hobie outback
      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I'll be there for fishing and lunch. Mark.
        Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

I'm in for both
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

I'm in for fishing and lunch.

Looking forward to it.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Coop,
              Please add me to the list for fishing and lunch. Looking forward to it!
              John Rentch
              Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
              Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Hey Coop,

Deal me in for fishing and lunch. Thanks, Steve

Comment

I'd like to do this again. Count me in for both
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Count me in for fishing and lunch Coop.

Comment

You know I will be there

For fishing, crab cakes and the scenery
                      Red Hobie outback
                      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Coop - thanks for setting up and count me in for both lunch and fishing... i am pretty sure i will catch the most CNR :-)

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                          Coop - thanks for setting up and count me in for both lunch and fishing... i am pretty sure i will catch the most CNR :-)
                          Challenge accepted!

Coop, put me in for both...I have to be there to support Dao's CNR quest.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Hi, I am planning to attend both fishing and the lunch!

Comment

I am in for both!

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X