No luck with sheepshead cbbt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck with sheepshead cbbt

After catching a bunch of sand crabs I headed down to Eastern Shore wildlife refuge to chase reports ( I know, roll-eyes) of sheepshead at the CBBT. Never fished for them before, so take the report with a grain of salt, but I have fished ESWR for flounder, reds, stripers and crabs several times, but mostly ignored the bridge. With the wind and changing tide it was a little hairy at first. It was until slack that I was able to do something that would be considered fishing, rather than simply surviving. Had a few taps and stolen bait but no luck. Headed back sulking with my head down, picking up a few schoolies. To save the day, I crabbed for a bit to salvage dinner. Overall beautiful day, wicked currents and manageable winds.
    IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Keep trying! I think you would have better luck with sheepshead (and definitely better and safer conditions) if you make the trip across the bridge and fish from the Virginia Beach side. Start fishing at the 1st small boat channel about a mile out from the shore.
    2013 WS Ride 135
    2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Crabs look delicious! I'm still looking for my first Sheep down here. I think every time I go out I learn something new out there. I saw a photo from a charter captain of a massive Spade caught at the bridge yesterday.
      J

Comment

Working...
      X