No announcement yet.

August M&G Beverly-Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-10 MPH winds projected for BT tomorrow for anyone who fishes there regularly would you consider that high?
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
      7-10 MPH winds projected for BT tomorrow for anyone who fishes there regularly would you consider that high?
      The forecast is now showing winds 5-10kt with gusts to 20kt Waves 1-2ft is the area still going to be safe/decent for yak fishing?
      Last edited by mi327; 08-18-2017, 06:47 PM.
      Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Got intel from a guy who lives near there that it's going to be rough in the a.m. and nice in the afternoon maybe. Just FYI

Yak67
        2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
        2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

I hate to do it but I'm out for tomorrow. I hope you all have a great time.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I am a local guy!

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
            Got intel from a guy who lives near there that it's going to be rough in the a.m. and nice in the afternoon maybe. Just FYI

Yak67
            2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
            2016 Hobie Outback LE#217
            Ok, YakScientist I count you in. Triton Beach is 397 yards from my front door so I consider myself a local expert. That being said... Yes, It's gonna rain like the great flood is coming tonight, only tomorrow we'll still be here and we don't have to chase any animals... the morning will be cool and wind will be 5-6 miles an hour. The launch site is good. Low tide is around 10am and high tide is at 3pm. The top bite for Rockfish should be good and in nearby Rhode & South Rivers White Perch are thick as thieves. I haven't seen or heard anything about the Blues, but anything is possible for those who dare to believe in the best possible outcome. We are supposed to be off the water at noon and lunch is about 2 miles away at the Bayside Inn. Here's the standard disclaimer, Please review the weather conditions and location. Please do not launch in conditions beyond your expertise or kayaking ability. Always wear a PFD, carry a whistle and or radio, make sure that you have high visibility gear, and ensure that you fish with a buddy. Remember, safety is your responsibility. Triton Beach opens at 7am and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your smiling faces. Tight Lines!
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

So how did it go??
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

We had an absolutely beautiful morning peddling paddling and fishing!... I got to see some old faces and meet some new. I learn something every time we do this.
                Lunch was an absolute blast at the Bayside in-as always I'm grateful for the folks who put this together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Harlan

Revo 13
                Trident 13
                Cuda 14
                Necky Tandem

Comment

Did the best I could. Had a great time a got some good Intel on future visit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

So I think I caught the only keeper rockfish of the day, and luckily I got my 2 fish limit. One fish was about 20 1/4" (measured 4 times to be safe), and the other was maybe 21.5"...the first was caught pretty much accidentally, I was using a 1/2oz (I think) jig on the bottom at a spot where I marked a ton of fish, and kept getting my bait (strip of fake fishbites bloodworm) stolen. I got a small croaker, so that's probably all that was down there, or so I thought, and then I cast my jig out and let it bounce off the bottom as I drifted and rigged another rod...and it got a really hard hit, and it turned out to be the first keeper rockfish. Then I spoke to Harlan, and a few other snaggedliners, and he advised I shouldn't give up on the crystal minnow I had been trolling earlier. I had yet to catch a fish on it, all of my other fish came on paddletails and sometimes spinners and topwater, but everytime I trolled the crystal minnow, it wouldn't get hit. Well sure enough as soon as I cast it back out, as I was leaving the spot, it hooked into a large CNR. Luckily, my bigwater ugly stik and okuma avenger 50 size reel made it somewhat easy to get to the boat. After 15 minutes or so of trying to get my $13 lure back, I noticed that there was at least 1 point of each of the 2 trebles from the crystal minnow that were exposed, so I snagged them on my net, and used the net as leverage to lift the ray out of the water, or try to at least. Sure enough, this was enough to pull the lure out of the ray, and only tore one little spot out of my net, which should be easily fixed. So I got my lure back, with a slightly bent treble (which I was going to replace anyway), and didn't lose my net, or any tackle really, I just got soaked by the ray flapping around. I also found a discarded crab basket which I gave to mchottie, and I had the most water I've ever had come over the bow, when some TW*T in a yacht called YOLO just powered right in front of me. He saw me the whole time, never altered course, never went fast enough to be on plane, just making a massive wake super close to me, so I hit the first 3ft wake right as it was cresting, and it didn't come close to making me nervous, I just got a lot of water spilling over the bow. The other closest call I've had with a powerboat, that boat's name was STROKIN'....it seems the biggest dbags always name their boats exactly like you'd expect. Anyway, Saturday I caught 5 fish total, one 18" rockfish, 2 keepers, 1 small croaker, and 1 large CNR. Weird day, but a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                      and it didn't come close to making me nervous
                      2015 Hobie Outback
                      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                        Maybe I was a little nervous....but I was having such a good day at that point, it wasn't enough to bring me down. I think it would've come awfully close to flipping me, if I hadn't hit it straight on like I did.

Comment

beautiful day, awesome comraddery on both channel 68 radio & at the luncheon afterwards.

pat, i still want to know the carrol county secret sauce you use, congrats on the limit out.

nice to put some names with some faces, harlan keith pete&pete, Ben, Armin, and always good to see some familiars pat greg & charlie

i managed to pull a 19-1/4 on ronaults go-to "glass ghost" xrap, no luck on opening night or charteuse paddles. i should have tried a gulp curltail mullet, but was having too much fun. halfway i switched with stacey thinking the xrap would produce for her, but the photo below was our only fish of the day.

Last edited by mchottie; 08-21-2017, 02:48 PM.
                          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

This was my only fish of the day, but it was great meeting everyone and sharing stories at the restaurant after. Hope to fish with you guys/gals again!

20170819_085836.jpg
                            Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
                              So how did it go??
                              I've been busy as hell since we did this M&G, but it was nothing short of great. 3 of us were waiting at 6:30 am for the gates to open and launching was effortless. We met the sun and the waves with lots of enthusiasm and the weather turned out to be perfect with just enough of a breeze in the morning to keep us cool on the water. I paddled straight out to about 15ft depth and started hooking up with under legal rockfish. I was using a 5inch swimbait and some 4 inch Rapala's. They seemed to prefer the swimbait. As the morning wore on the motorboats started to show up with their usual lack of courtesy for the paddle powered craft. I moved down toward the South River and tried to catch a few perch to salvage the day. There was no breeze as I moved off the bay and the temperature change was noticeably uncomfortable. I headed back around 11 am and had my kayak stowed on the truck by noon proper. Lunch was at the Bayside Inn about a mile and a half away. They have good sandwiches and a friendly staff and quite a few yakkers stayed and communed. Just want to say thanks to everyone that fished, ate, and talked. It made for a successful outing. I'm looking forward to Rocktoberfest 2017, and you know where I'll be fishing!
                              Gregory
                              ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                              2014 Pro Angler 12
                              '

Comment

Working...
                              X