Blackwater or Pocomoke ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwater or Pocomoke ??

Taking my son for 2 days of fishing in July, camping overnight.
    We want to target LMB and Snakeheads.
    I have heard good things about Blackwater, but there is no camping there.
    Many, Many years ago we went to Pocomoke and stayed in a cabin at Shad landing. did not realy fish it.

Would prefer the convenience of the cabin on site at Pocomoke, but how is the backwater, top water fishing compared to Blackwater.
    Like I said, targeting LMB and Snakeheads.

Thanks for any insight,
    Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    Taking my son for 2 days of fishing in July, camping overnight.
    We want to target LMB and Snakeheads.
    I have heard good things about Blackwater, but there is no camping there.
    Many, Many years ago we went to Pocomoke and stayed in a cabin at Shad landing. did not realy fish it.

Would prefer the convenience of the cabin on site at Pocomoke, but how is the backwater, top water fishing compared to Blackwater.
    Like I said, targeting LMB and Snakeheads.

Thanks for any insight,
    Slack
    Although I don't fish shad landing, I know through friends who do that it has some nice bass fishing. Snakesheads may be up there (because they are basically everywhere at this point), but they certainty aren't thick. If you want a chance at both, blackwater would be a good bet. There are quite a few SH's in BW, as well as LMB. Although not exactly on Blackwater, Taylors Island Campground is very close to SH territory and Blackwater. It will also allow you access to some great saltwater fishing if you choose.

In full disclosure though, I've never been to the campground so you probably want to check it out a little more before making plans. Regardless of where you end up, I'm sure you guys will have a good time. Good luck

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

RD,
      Thanks for the reply,
      I will check out taylors island campground
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Has there been any confirmed snakeheads in the Pocomoke yet? It wouldn't surprise me if they were based on how quickly they've shown up everywhere else on the Shore, but I haven't seen any reports of them there.

There is another "campground" in Madison, but it's more or less just an open RV spot on the side of the road. You'll be right next to Blackwater though.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X