Blairs Valley Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blairs Valley Lake

I decided to go fishing this evening at a local lake close to my house (Blairs Valley). The wind was blowing out of the northwest at 11-15 mph. This made it hard to maintain position even when anchored, as the sun set the wind died down. I decided to tie on an Excalibur Zell Pop and start pounding the bank edges. This pig jumped on the popper when it was almost back to my kayak. This is my personal best from this lake.IMG_0556.jpg

Nice fish. I was swinging topwater frogs in a pond this eve, too, & I landed 3 porky pigs! Fun pullage, all released.

Comment

Hey I got on to snagged I'm the guy in the perception we talked awhile while we were on the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you made it over here Yakman35,
        It was nice chatting with you last evening, I hope you got a chance to check out this site. Lots of good info on here and everyone is willing to help each other out with set-ups, places to fish, and anything you can think about kayak fishing. There are two of us out here in western, MD that frequent this board, the other guy is ArcheryRob. we fish a lot together with floats on just about everybody of water here in Washington County. You are more than welcome to join us on some float trips!

Comment

Sounds awesome if I ever get a day off will have to make that happen. My days off when I get then are Friday and saturday

Comment

Hey, you guys ever catch any musky in that lake? I think when I was trout fishing there earlier in the year I saw a sign indicating there were musky there.

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
              Hey, you guys ever catch any musky in that lake? I think when I was trout fishing there earlier in the year I saw a sign indicating there were musky there.
              I have never caught a Muskie. I usually stick to bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whenican,
                I have never caught or seen a musky in Blairs Valley, I not saying they are not there, DNR has signs up about the tiger musky. There might be some Pickerel as I have caught them in little pool to the west.

Comment

Whenican and Yakman I sent you both PM's about meet and greet float tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X