Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trailers

Default Kayak Trailers

After a recent kayak fishing outing with coworkers, managed to stack 3 kayaks(ocean kayak Torque, 2 vibe ghost 130) on my truck bed with a bed extender. I been thinking of getting a trailer similar www.northwoodssporttrailers.com. I was wondering does anybody know any local Maryland or Eastern WV locations that have or offer similar trailers with a large storage box.

Thinking of welding/customizing it myself, but limited with time with full time work and attending college.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AmberjackYakin; 06-25-2017 at 10:07 AM.

image.jpgimage.jpgThat's really a nice trailer but quite expensive to me. And you can't launch a yak like a boat so you can't keep it loaded. also, you can't get into the box easily with the yaks loaded. Here is what I built for less than half the price. I know it is not as pretty but I have heavy Pro Anglers that are loaded when I launch and return to the trailer and I can get to everything at anytime.

Sorry but I don't know why they show upside down
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most guys that DIY a trailer use one from Harbor Freight. Their cheap and they always have a 20% off coupon in a magazine.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

Here my homemade trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Maker View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpgThat's really a nice trailer but quite expensive to me. And you can't launch a yak like a boat so you can't keep it loaded. also, you can't get into the box easily with the yaks loaded. Here is what I built for less than half the price. I know it is not as pretty but I have heavy Pro Anglers that are loaded when I launch and return to the trailer and I can get to everything at anytime.

Sorry but I don't know why they show upside down
    Awesome trailer, I was thinking initially of going this route with a duel jetski trailer customization, but I felt it was too wide to fit in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by coop1486 View Post
    Here my homemade trailer.
    Very nice kayak trailer setup, I'm most likely going utilize the boat roller setup in the back as your trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve6902 View Post
    Most guys that DIY a trailer use one from Harbor Freight. Their cheap and they always have a 20% off coupon in a magazine.
    Yes, I've been debating about taking this approach, but most likely will go forward with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
    Awesome trailer, I was thinking initially of going this route with a duel jetski trailer customization, but I felt it was too wide to fit in my garage.
    Yes this is a dual Ski trailer it's about 7'6" wide .......... Be careful of the HF trailers ....... They're not built for highway speeds and not wide enough to do what you want to do with the multiple yaks and storage.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
    Yes, I've been debating about taking this approach, but most likely will go forward with it.
    This took 3 old trailers to come out like this.Not one of those harbor freight trailers.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

I hate trailering...the added costs, the maintenance and up keep, licensing, insurance, tolls, inspections...one big reason I have a fishing kayak is boat trailers...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13