Kayak Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Trailers

After a recent kayak fishing outing with coworkers, managed to stack 3 kayaks(ocean kayak Torque, 2 vibe ghost 130) on my truck bed with a bed extender. I been thinking of getting a trailer similar www.northwoodssporttrailers.com. I was wondering does anybody know any local Maryland or Eastern WV locations that have or offer similar trailers with a large storage box.

Thinking of welding/customizing it myself, but limited with time with full time work and attending college.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AmberjackYakin; 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM.

image.jpgimage.jpgThat's really a nice trailer but quite expensive to me. And you can't launch a yak like a boat so you can't keep it loaded. also, you can't get into the box easily with the yaks loaded. Here is what I built for less than half the price. I know it is not as pretty but I have heavy Pro Anglers that are loaded when I launch and return to the trailer and I can get to everything at anytime.

Sorry but I don't know why they show upside down
    Attached Files

Comment

Most guys that DIY a trailer use one from Harbor Freight. Their cheap and they always have a 20% off coupon in a magazine.
      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Here my homemade trailer.
        Attached Files
        2012 hobie outback
        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21829[/ATTACH]That's really a nice trailer but quite expensive to me. And you can't launch a yak like a boat so you can't keep it loaded. also, you can't get into the box easily with the yaks loaded. Here is what I built for less than half the price. I know it is not as pretty but I have heavy Pro Anglers that are loaded when I launch and return to the trailer and I can get to everything at anytime.

Sorry but I don't know why they show upside down
          Awesome trailer, I was thinking initially of going this route with a duel jetski trailer customization, but I felt it was too wide to fit in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
            Here my homemade trailer.
            Very nice kayak trailer setup, I'm most likely going utilize the boat roller setup in the back as your trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
              Most guys that DIY a trailer use one from Harbor Freight. Their cheap and they always have a 20% off coupon in a magazine.
              Yes, I've been debating about taking this approach, but most likely will go forward with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
                Awesome trailer, I was thinking initially of going this route with a duel jetski trailer customization, but I felt it was too wide to fit in my garage.
                Yes this is a dual Ski trailer it's about 7'6" wide .......... Be careful of the HF trailers ....... They're not built for highway speeds and not wide enough to do what you want to do with the multiple yaks and storage.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
                  Yes, I've been debating about taking this approach, but most likely will go forward with it.
                  This took 3 old trailers to come out like this.Not one of those harbor freight trailers.
                  Attached Files
                  2012 hobie outback
                  2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I hate trailering...the added costs, the maintenance and up keep, licensing, insurance, tolls, inspections...one big reason I have a fishing kayak is boat trailers...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      I hate trailering...the added costs, the maintenance and up keep, licensing, insurance, tolls, inspections...one big reason I have a fishing kayak is boat trailers...
                      Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad .Everything has a cost.I thought that same thing but I wouldn't do anything different.I still car top when needed
                      2012 hobie outback
                      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Yeah, I like the comfort of being able to hookup the trailer and go, reducing time on making sure I have everything in the truck that I need. Last week was my first time in 8 years that I forgot my kayak seat, thankfully I had a small pillow and towels in back of my truck that didn't ruin my fishing day with coworkers.

Comment

To each his own, I got into kayaks to get away from trailers, motors, cost, etc

IMGP1737.jpg
                          Captian of the plastic Navy
                          1 - Mad River Canoes
                          1- Tarpon 120
                          1- Redfish 10
                          1- Coosa HD
                          2- Cuda 12
                          1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

I need to get a used pickup truck for hauling my kayaks.

Comment

I plan on picking up a trailer to haul two 14' kayaks. So far I think the Malone is the best bang for the buck.

http://maloneautoracks.com/XtraLight...2-V-Racks.html

You can find them for about $ 980.00 delivered to your door.
                              Jackson Big Tuna
                              Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
                              X