2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
      Correction "HOG" !!! What a Fatty!! Nice work

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      Fishing the piers and pilings at Magothy Marina there are some really big fish under those piers and boats

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!!! That is a keeper for sure. Perch is one of my favorite fish! Enjoy.

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

great ! i have a friend who is owner in CapeSt.C.
          and last month the perch were not in the creeks, except for a few smallies, or around the piers.
          thanks for the update......i have to plan a trip.
          Slayer.Day may2017.jpg
          thanks Zeke
          mark "Zeke" Z.
          One Day or Fish @ a time !
          Native Slayer 10 oak
          Perception 10

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Zilliox View Post
            great ! i have a friend who is owner in CapeSt.C.
            and last month the perch were not in the creeks, except for a few smallies, or around the piers.
            thanks for the update......i have to plan a trip.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21787[/ATTACH]
            thanks Zeke
            Kept 38, 12 of which were over 10 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post
              Kept 38, 12 of which were over 10 inches

That's a bunch of meals for sure. Do you have a buddy to help fillet all of them or is it just you? If it's just you, I can see that taking quite a while

Comment

That's a pig! I caught a bunch today too, but nothing that size. Went back and forth on keeping them, just wasn't sure what to do with them. How are you cooking them?
                Jay

10' Green Slayer
                13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                  That's a pig! I caught a bunch today too, but nothing that size. Went back and forth on keeping them, just wasn't sure what to do with them. How are you cooking them?
                  It takes me less than one minute a piece to fillet them I usually Grill them with a little bit of butter and salt and pepper super easy to fix. By the way I use an electric fillet knife very fast. After I fillet them I put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. After they are frozen I put 8 oz each in a freezer bag and vacuum seal them they keep for a little over a year in the freezer. I pulled out one bag for each person when we're having dinner that's a half a pound of fish each. The key is freezing them before you put them in a freezer bag that way they do not stick together and are very easy to separate.

Comment

It takes me less than one minute a piece to fillet them I usually Grill them with a little bit of butter and salt and pepper super easy to fix. By the way I use an electric fillet knife very fast. After I fillet them I put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. After they are frozen I put 8 oz each in a freezer bag and vacuum seal them they keep for a little over a year in the freezer. I pulled out one bag for each person when we're having dinner that's a half a pound of fish each. The key is freezing them before you put them in a freezer bag that way they do not stick together and are very easy to separate.

Took my grandson to my spot today he did pretty well , he's proud of his fish

Comment

Very cool!
                      Brian

Comment

Thanks for the response, they sound tasty. Once this wind dies, I'm targeting them. I usually catch them on a z-man while fishing for stripers. Any rig you suggest if I want to specifically target them?
                        Also, great job fishing with your grandson, that will be great lasting memory.
                        Jay

10' Green Slayer
                        13’ Red Slayer

Comment

What bait/ lure are you using?? Blood worms $$$ Perch spinner??? I have been doing pretty good on the Big Nose Perch spinners in White. Thanks

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
                            What bait/ lure are you using?? Blood worms $$$ Perch spinner??? I have been doing pretty good on the Big Nose Perch spinners in White. Thanks

Yak67

2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                            I'm very low cost 1/8 oz jig head , with chartreuse curlytail grub or yellow and white stripe. Use 2 or 3 inch grub. Big grub big fish but not as many, Small grub catch all sizes a fish every minute.

Comment

I gut them and freeze them in small plastic tubs filled with water. They keep their taste much better that way.

When I want to cook them, I defrost and marinate them in whatever I want, then I heat up a cast iron pan until water dances on it. I then ad a teaspoon or two of oil just enough to transfer the heat to the fish. I cook them for two minutes on a side and they are done. No scalling, as the skin will shrivel up with the scales during cooking. Hold the tail down, insert a fork into the meat and lift and it will come right off the bones.
                              John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                              MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                              Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
                              X