First Kayak Fishing trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Kayak Fishing trip!

Very excited to share that today, thanks to BIG MIKE, was the first of (hopefully) many kayak fishing trips for me and my son Justin. We set out at about 0600 from St. Indigoes launch and even though the winds were against us we managed to reel in three small stripers to return to the creek. Not a stellar trip by most fisherman's standards, but it was a personal success for us. We learned so much and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location. I cannot thank Mike enough for being so willing to lend his time, expertise and humor to help introduce us to this great pastime. Rest assured Mike, we will be working on or deplorable casting skills!! Looking forward to meeting more "yakers" this summer.
    Attached Files

Val - it was a pleasure meeting you and your son. Conditions were tough today between the low tide and very brisk winds moving us off the spots where we were trying to fish. You guys were troopers and I was so pleased you both got at least one fish. I'm very confident your casting skills will improve tremendously given this was your first time throwing a spinning reel. As far as deplorable, just ask YAK 67 when I was passing on my limited wisdom to him some of the comments he received. I guess it was my old football coach coming out. I promise a gentler guide next time, or not.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by valnson View Post
      Very excited to share that today, thanks to BIG MIKE.....
      Great job!! You'll get better each trip. Just make sure you don't get frustrated and quit. (I almost did multiple times.)

Best Regards,
      Stan
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
      X