Broadkill Beach, DE June 24th-July 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadkill Beach, DE June 24th-July 1st

Headed to Broadkill next week. I never fished in that area. I have fished Cape Henlopen, but never north of Rosevelt inlet. I'm targeting mostly blues and flounder, but open to suggestions. I haven't fished in the are in about 20 years. Any advice is welcomed. I was thinking of targeting Broadkill river and cape henlopen state park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished Monday and Wednesday for about 3 hours of incoming water near rosevelt inlet. Lots of crabs even on gulp. 1 oyster cracker on Monday. Wednesday managed one just short flounder. Fishing was real slow. Lots of 6-10 inch blues around. Probably should have gone crabbing instead. One thing to mention, I am fishing a plueger on the flounder I caught. I set the hook, start to reel. Handle is in my hand no longer attached to reel. Hand lined it in. This same thing happened about a year ago when the reel was only 6 months old. Now it's out of warranty, so no more pluegers for me. Tight lines!IMG_0937.JPG

Comment

Bummer. That certainly isn't a ringing endorsement for that reel.
      Brian

Comment

I bought the plueger supreme xt and the supreme. I wanted to compare and see if one would hold up better. The xt had the handle break off twice. The supreme had a general corrosion issue. I washed each reel with freshwater after each use and lubed then up from time to time. But compared to my penn spinfisher and my old shimano symmetry reel, not nearly as hardy.

Comment

I had the same issue with my supreme but so far my xt has held up ok. I'll have to see how long it lasts. I've been fishing Cape Henlopen some and have been disappointed. I did get 8 short flounder and 1 keeper 2 wks ago but last week no flounder so I went out to the inner wall and jigged a spoon all around. I caught 1 short rock and a fish I believe was a king fish. It fell back in the water before I got a good look at it though. I may need to try somewhere else down there.

Comment

Yeah, the XT has been good other than the handle. Smooth drag, no signs of corrosion. Hopefully yours holds up.

Comment

I was fishing at Deer creek for shad and the guy next to me had a new xt. The bail broke off and fell in the water. When I need another reel I will spend the $20 or $30 more and get another stradic.

Comment

I might go disposable or a little more expensive. I thought I was trying the expensive route with the xt, but that might be just a pflueger issue.

Comment

Working...
                X