Marshall Hall 6/17 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Hall 6/17 Report

After Greg posted those huge blue cats from his Bass Boat, and the wind nixed my plans to head down to Piney Point, I decided to head to Marshall Hall and get an hour or two in the water, forecast was spotty rain showers. Didn't get on the water until about 10, launched from the boat-ramp. Bad weekend to choose, as it was FLW fly fishing championship so bass boats back to back to back loading and unloading. Depth of the MD side was only +/- 15ft but I headed across the Potomac to post-up near Ft. Belvior roughly where Greg found the 25ft depth monsters. Threw back an 11&12", kept 16,18,25 all caught in raw shrimp in about 18-25ft depth. There's also a spot where it drops to 50-55ft. Marked good fish coming back across the river, but didnt have any lines in the water to troll. Ended up a beautiful day, loaded up around 330, hit bad rain on 495 around 4-415pm and got into gridlock traffic. Also caught some sunburn, small price to pay for beautiful day on the water. Pics coming soon.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post

Looks Like a good day to be on the water. Can't wait to see your fish. MH is a great spot for blues and never seems to disappoint. Is that your Cabela's boat?
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
        Looks Like a good day to be on the water. Can't wait to see your fish. MH is a great spot for blues and never seems to disappoint. Is that your Cabela's boat?
        He was pulling out as I was putting in my pro angler. Apparently the 15th 16th 17th 18th was a huge FLW Bass Fishing Tournament, captains meeting was at Smallwood State Park but after that they, each angler could take out and put-in anywhere on the Potomac, it was heavy bass boat traffic while I was fishing, and the Potomac is no small-feat to cross the width to Belvior in my out-of-shape body

https://www.flwfishing.com/tournamen...-potomac-river

Comment

Yeah crossing there at MH can be a chore if it's into the wind. Luckily when we went out on 1/1, it was picturesque coming back, like 55 degrees and still. It's kind of the same deal at spriggs farm, it's a hike across to the other side of the river, but I always tend to have better luck over there.

Comment

Nice work, Michael!!

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
              After Greg posted those huge blue cats from his Bass Boat, and the wind nixed my plans to head down to Piney Point, I decided to head to Marshall Hall and get an hour or two in the water, forecast was spotty rain showers. Didn't get on the water until about 10, launched from the boat-ramp. Bad weekend to choose, as it was FLW fly fishing championship so bass boats back to back to back loading and unloading. Depth of the MD side was only +/- 15ft but I headed across the Potomac to post-up near Ft. Belvior roughly where Greg found the 25ft depth monsters. Threw back an 11&12", kept 16,18,25 all caught in raw shrimp in about 18-25ft depth. There's also a spot where it drops to 50-55ft. Marked good fish coming back across the river, but didnt have any lines in the water to troll. Ended up a beautiful day, loaded up around 330, hit bad rain on 495 around 4-415pm and got into gridlock traffic. Also caught some sunburn, small price to pay for beautiful day on the water. Pics coming soon.
              love a day catfishing
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X