Hawg vs CNR - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawg vs CNR - Round 2

Trolling a paddle tail and a 4" diving plug (Windcheater Bomber). CNR hits diver and pulls me around for a half mile or so. Went to pull in the paddle tail and it was snagged on the ray as well.

That's it! I'd had it! Enough was enough.

I spotted a public pier nearby and paddled towards it. Got too close to it and the CNR wrapped the braid around several pilings. Parked the yak. Got out and got to work. Got him close to the Rif RAF and he started to go completely ape shit. Finally got him to shore and he got wedged in a rock. Tried to make pull him into the grass and the mono leader had enough and snapped. I ran back to the yak and grabbed the buck knife and ran back crossing my fingers it hadn't wiggled free. It was still there. I must have looked like a serial killer as I went Jason Vorhees or it.

Round 2 goes to Hawg!

Anyone have a good recipe? Wings are in the freezer.

IMG_0037.jpg
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Had one like it this week- I got it to the kayak and used a knife to get my hook out of it's wing- it suffered a small slit in its wing tip...they are a real PIA on light tackle...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Good story.... A cnr towed me against the current & tide once @ Hoopers Island but in the direction I wanted to go.....then I cut my line. You earned your wings, Hawg!

Comment

you can marinade and grill or fry. Just make sure you tenderize the meat, its pretty stringy and chewy. Keep in mind that the meat is a lot more like stringy pork then fish. The most palatable way that I ended of preparing it was finely chopping and using like ground pork to make tacos... Good luck
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
        X