John that looks really close to the Mustad Fastach clip...same system
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      John that looks really close to the Mustad Fastach clip...same system

Ron - I agree with you. I had never seen the Fastach before. The Fastach cost ($2.99 for 12 clips) is a whole lot lower than the ones I showed.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I use duolocks always. They open up 3 times out of 100. For me I need to change the lures quickly to adjust to the depth of the water and before I drift away from the fish or fish move away from me. Mustad Fastach clip looks good. I am going to try size 1 for small fish like speck.

Anyway here are duolocks I have been using:

For small fish under 32" - This fails 3 out of 100:

For big fish, such as striper, bull red, cobia, sheepshead, and tautog - This duolock never failed:

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I agree that brand of duolock matters....so does refreshing them regularly. I got a bag of 500 larger SS snaps from my salmon fishing buddies in Oregon, but some times i want to size down.....i use a real light ss snap from bass pro (i've only used these for about a year.....i had some failures with other brands of smaller snaps)....only failure was one i messed up dehooking an knew i should replace.....of course, that does not include tge times i did not get it snapped because i'd dropped my glasses in the drink....the smaller snaps require extra attention with bad eyes. Again, eyesight, not snap, my biggest issue. Same with knots.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Two years ago fishing the last day of trophy striper season...had an XR12 XRap on my 7’ medium Shimano SE Inshore rod with 3000 FG Sustain with 20# braid and a 50# duolock...casting to a school of 30 (+) inch fish...had two right at 33 inches...a bigger fish hit...long slugfest ensued...finally got the fish along side the kayak...looked like a 40 (+) fish...trying to get the boga grip on it when it gave one hard run stripping off several yards of drag...line goes limp...lure and fish gone...duolock straighten out...never again...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Tactical angled clips are the way to go with plugs and lures. I use the loop knot for fly fishing only.
              The ta clips come in all different sizes/ weight ratings. 50 to 125 lb I believe. Only time the ta clip is a problem is on Hopkins/ kastmasters, you need to add a split ring to get the clip on there.
              Tight lines

Comment

Working...
              X