Deep Creek Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Creek Fishing

Heading to Deep Creek Lake this coming Sat. For a week with the extended family. Would appreciate any info on good areas to fish and the targets? Am taking my Ultimate 12 so can fish from the water.w
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

John,
    Most everyone I know out that way fishes at night due to all the boat and jet ski traffic during the day, early mornings work also.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Good luck, John.

I hope you have a good trip.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
          Heading to Deep Creek Lake this coming Sat. For a week with the extended family. Would appreciate any info on good areas to fish and the targets? Am taking my Ultimate 12 so can fish from the water.w
          John, we fished it last Fourth of July weekend–stayed at the Silvertree Lodge which has a boat rental place and a small beach–easy to launch from and park. There's a small creek just to the left and right of the hotel we caught in the mornings and evenings large mouth bass and yellow perch. Boat traffic was really nonexistent in the early morning hours it's absolutely beautiful!!
          Harlan

Revo 13
          Trident 13
          Cuda 14
          Necky Tandem

Comment

Thanks Harlan, will give that area a try. Am renting a pontoon boat for two days, going to give the grandkids a try at fishing.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Just got back from deep creek sunday. Check out Bills outdoors for fishing info. They have a board with tackle advice. I used #7 split shot with #4 hook and night crawlers and a bobber set at about 2.5'. Didn't fish mornings but I fished evenings off a pier. Right before dusk it was game on. Almost every cast had a hit. Hope that helps.

Comment

Yes, I did the same as you. My grandkids, sons, and I caught Bluegills and pansize Yellow Perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I haven't been up there, but I'm told it's a first class panfish lake. Kids should love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can get up there after Labor Day it's a much saner place to be. In addition to some monster blue gills you should try for walleye as well. I've done well with a night crawler rig in some fairly shallow spots in the upper lake.
                    Mike
                    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

My wife and I have been talking about taking a little 2-3 night midweek trip up there. I have been looking for cabins but there are an insane number of them, anyone stayed in one they would recommend?
                      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                        My wife and I have been talking about taking a little 2-3 night midweek trip up there. I have been looking for cabins but there are an insane number of them, anyone stayed in one they would recommend?
                        Unless you stay in the state park or get something waterfront you have no real water access. You can go to the state park $3pp to get in daily so it's not a huge issue.

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
                          John,
                          Most everyone I know out that way fishes at night due to all the boat and jet ski traffic during the day, early mornings work also.
                          I used to love that place when I was a kid. Its 10 times worse day fishing than the bay out there and damn near dangerous to be stopped, IMO. I've had people wake us on purpose and just be generally ignorant and quit going out there 15 or more years ago.
                          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                            John,

Most everybody I know out that path angles around evening time because of all the watercraft and fly ski movement amid the day, early mornings work moreover.

Comment

I've had a great time at the Silvertree Lodge – Restaurant is good and they let you use the marina for your kayak
                              Harlan

Revo 13
                              Trident 13
                              Cuda 14
                              Necky Tandem

Comment

Working...
                              X