Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Creek Fishing

My wife and I have been talking about taking a little 2-3 night midweek trip up there. I have been looking for cabins but there are an insane number of them, anyone stayed in one they would recommend?
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Quote Originally Posted by bunnielab View Post
    My wife and I have been talking about taking a little 2-3 night midweek trip up there. I have been looking for cabins but there are an insane number of them, anyone stayed in one they would recommend?
    Unless you stay in the state park or get something waterfront you have no real water access. You can go to the state park $3pp to get in daily so it's not a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gkreps View Post
    John,
    Most everyone I know out that way fishes at night due to all the boat and jet ski traffic during the day, early mornings work also.
    I used to love that place when I was a kid. Its 10 times worse day fishing than the bay out there and damn near dangerous to be stopped, IMO. I've had people wake us on purpose and just be generally ignorant and quit going out there 15 or more years ago.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Quote Originally Posted by J. Rentch View Post
    Heading to Deep Creek Lake this coming Sat. For a week with the extended family. Would appreciate any info on good areas to fish and the targets? Am taking my Ultimate 12 so can fish from the water.w
    John,

Most everybody I know out that path angles around evening time because of all the watercraft and fly ski movement amid the day, early mornings work moreover.

I've had a great time at the Silvertree Lodge – Restaurant is good and they let you use the marina for your kayak
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem