Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Creek Fishing

Default Deep Creek Fishing

Heading to Deep Creek Lake this coming Sat. For a week with the extended family. Would appreciate any info on good areas to fish and the targets? Am taking my Ultimate 12 so can fish from the water.w
    John
    Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10, Native Ultimate 12

John,
    Most everyone I know out that way fishes at night due to all the boat and jet ski traffic during the day, early mornings work also.

Thanks for the heads up
    John
    Annapolis

Good luck, John.

I hope you have a good trip.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by J. Rentch View Post
    Heading to Deep Creek Lake this coming Sat. For a week with the extended family. Would appreciate any info on good areas to fish and the targets? Am taking my Ultimate 12 so can fish from the water.w
    John, we fished it last Fourth of July weekend–stayed at the Silvertree Lodge which has a boat rental place and a small beach–easy to launch from and park. There's a small creek just to the left and right of the hotel we caught in the mornings and evenings large mouth bass and yellow perch. Boat traffic was really nonexistent in the early morning hours it's absolutely beautiful!!
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Thanks Harlan, will give that area a try. Am renting a pontoon boat for two days, going to give the grandkids a try at fishing.
    John
    Annapolis

Just got back from deep creek sunday. Check out Bills outdoors for fishing info. They have a board with tackle advice. I used #7 split shot with #4 hook and night crawlers and a bobber set at about 2.5'. Didn't fish mornings but I fished evenings off a pier. Right before dusk it was game on. Almost every cast had a hit. Hope that helps.

Yes, I did the same as you. My grandkids, sons, and I caught Bluegills and pansize Yellow Perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John
    Annapolis

I haven't been up there, but I'm told it's a first class panfish lake. Kids should love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can get up there after Labor Day it's a much saner place to be. In addition to some monster blue gills you should try for walleye as well. I've done well with a night crawler rig in some fairly shallow spots in the upper lake.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"