Showed a kid how to use a Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showed a kid how to use a Fly

I showed a friends kid (19 years old) how to cast a fly with Spinning gear by adding some split shot above the Clouser and casting for Perch. His dad and I kept drinking coffee and shooting the breeze when his son came back with the biggest smile I have ever seen on this kids face! He had a picture on his phone of a 12 inch White Perch he caught with the Clouser! His next lesson is going to be with a Fly Rod in his hand then move into tying fly's...Makes me feel like a drug dealer getting someone hooked except this "Hooked" is a good thing!
    Share the sport guys, remember that's how we all got started!

eyedaddy

Very nice! Keep it up!

When my son (5yo) is fishing for bluegill at a local pond, kids will always come up to see what we're up to. Ill always try to let them reel in a couple. The look on their face is priceless! I love introducing kids to fishing, even if I can't give them the entire experience. In their eyes they caught a fish!
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Yes! It's almost as fun for us as it is for them. Give they a little bit at a time and try to make sure they catch something even if it's a minnow they will remember it and want more. I have my 10 year old granddaughter using a Fly rod and she cant get enough of it. The good thing about it all I have to do is tell the wife that I'm taking her fishing and it's a 7 day a week pass to go!

eyedaddy

Comment

I went up to big run on the 3rd to help DNR with their youth trout event. Had total of 40 kids with 14 learning fly casting the rest spin casting.
        Was a great event.

Comment

That's where the future of the sport is in today's youth! Thank You for doing this for them! There is so much bad stuff for them to get into out there Fly Fishing is something that will carry them well into old age!

eyedaddy

Comment

Working...
          X