Stand assist bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand assist bar

Does a stand assist bar in the kayak assist at all with stability. I can stand and fish some in my kayak but I still haven't found my balance point where I am really comfortable. Would adding a stand assist bar and leaning up against it while I was standing help or would it just be in the way?

I can barely standup on land, so everyone who says a Pro Angler is the most stable kayak is full of rubbish, any kayak i've been in is unstable when you do not have good balance to start with.

That being said, I have the hobie h-bar installed on my PA, and when on freshwater lakes or glass calm brackish water, I can absolutely stand and cast good distances. It is helpful, and it doubles as my gopro mounting point system so I didnt think of it as a waste of money, and I got a great deal on it used/demo.

What kayak are you mounting it to? With the DIY super-genius' of this site, i'm sure someone could assist if you want to DIY
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I have a Vibe Seaghost 130 that I was thinking about putting one on. I am not sure if it is worth it or not.

I can stand now but I feel a little uneasy. I have casted while standing and I am only engaging the primary stability and not the secondary stability so I feel wobbly.

Comment

From a few posts on YouTube, it seems that folks are installing the H-Bar on the 12ft PAs as well, so I imagine a 13ft boat like yours wouldn't be out of line.

I also saw a few folks will keep the bar laying flat across the bow of their yak until they need to use it. This seems to me like a good compromise: Keep the H-bar stowed while trolling or covering lots of water, but once tucked away in a creek, cove, or marsh protected from wind and chop one could raise the H-bar to stand, lean up against, and sight cast.
        Last edited by baitball; 06-15-2017, 01:49 PM.
        -manny

Hobie Outback
        Wilderness Systems 130T
        Hobie Outfitter

Comment

just because you cannot stand on dry land doesn't mean that the PA is not the most stable kayak. just means you probably shouldn't stand lmao

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
          I can barely standup on land, so everyone who says a Pro Angler is the most stable kayak is full of rubbish, any kayak i've been in is unstable when you do not have good balance to start with.

That being said, I have the hobie h-bar installed on my PA, and when on freshwater lakes or glass calm brackish water, I can absolutely stand and cast good distances. It is helpful, and it doubles as my gopro mounting point system so I didnt think of it as a waste of money, and I got a great deal on it used/demo.

What kayak are you mounting it to? With the DIY super-genius' of this site, i'm sure someone could assist if you want to DIY
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
            just because you cannot stand on dry land doesn't mean that the PA is not the most stable kayak. just means you probably shouldn't stand lmao
            i might appear drunk, but 6 times out of 10 i'm actually sober.

My h-bar is mounted to my PA14, I didnt know there was a different between the 12 and 14 for the bar variations. the bar is a tad wider than the bow of my PA, but like someone said above, it is always in the down 'stowed' position, unless I need to retract it for standing and casting, or to completely turn around to access the rear stow area.
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
            X