Severn (Schoolies, perch, and crabs).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn (Schoolies, perch, and crabs).

I decided to try my luck out of Jonas Green trolling to the mouth of the Severn for Rockfish and then crabbing for dinner later. It was really hot out, which made the water splashing from the swells feel really nice. I caught a few schoolies here and there on 3/4 oz jig heads with the "Opening Night" colored paddle tails, which are fairly similar in color to the "Violet Moon" and "Albino Ghost" colors. Today was mostly about getting out on the water, testing the new yak, and figuring out how I wanted my rigging set up. I was surprised when I hooked up to a 11.5" perch on my Rat-L-Trap. I had no idea what I was reeling in because it felt like dead weight, but it will make great fish tacos at that size!

Later on I was feeling lazy and set up a 100' section of trotline for crabs and didn't secure my prototype propstick and ending up donating it to the bay. This didn't stop me from trying to run the line because I used my Yak Attack Zooka tube to guide the line and it worked fairly well with about 2 dozen crabs ending up on the dinner table. The crabs were all good size- I think I only threw back one or two short ones.

J

nice report Jake! way to improvise...
    2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Awesome, always a good day when you can take crabs and fish home for dinner.

Comment

Nice catch
        Scott B

Vibe Sea Ghost 130

Comment

Nice Haul!
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

Great video. Thanks for sharing.