Taking nephews fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking nephews fishing

My nephews are 11 and 13. They don't have a lot of experience fishing and the last time I took them I targeted bluegill because I knew that they would catch fish and a lot of fish.

I am going to take them fishing this summer. It will probably be from the bank as I don't think it would be wise to put them in the inflatable kayak for fishing and tag along in my Vibe.

I thought about trying to put them onto some catfish in the Occoquan River but I haven't done much catfishing there. I can't think of other places that would be good to take them as I do 100% of my fishing from the yak at this point.

Anyone know some good places to take them or have a good suggestion. I think that my younger nephew is interested in fishing and it would be nice to foster that hobby.

Thanks in advance.

Rent a boat from Fletcher's Cove. Bring a little electric or 2.5 hp gas motor. Puts up the river and drop some bauts and those guys will be pulling up tons of catfish all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How about the pier in Accokeek MD. On the Potomac pretty good catfishing there!
      Croaker D

Orange Camo OK Trident 13

Green Camo Oldtown Predator PDL

Comment

Working...
      X