No announcement yet.

St. Jeromes, slow but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason to use a leader in saltwater is for abrasion resistance. There are so many things out there that will cut through braid like butter including speck teeth... You can also get away with lighter main line if you have a stronger fluoro or mono leader. Just my two cents
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I am with you on using floro leaders- I just had two break offs and did not want to try to tie on leader during a rushing tide and fishing...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice work, Ron! Congrats!

Comment

Gary, Mike and I were thinking of taking one of our Snaggedline buddies Trout fishing today but things just didn't work out...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            I caught it on a 2500 CI-4+ Stradic with 10# braid 7' light action St. Croix Mojo Inshore, John- it took drag like a freight train...and I forgot my net...I had just foul hooked a crabpot on the bottom and broke off- re-rigged and this was the first cast...I lost another Speck of about the same size boat side when the hook pulled...if I had my net I would have landed that one...but such is fishing- it was bumpy today and the current was running so holding position was tough...I had several school stripers and four nice speckled trout to the boat- not a bad day...
            I just bought two of those reels. Damn near broke the bank but damn if they're not worth every penny.
            Native Titan Propel 12
            Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
            Mercury 6hp
            Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
            Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

Working...
            X