New to me sit on top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me sit on top!

Yesterday I picked up a 12' Equinox sit on top from a fellow snaggedliner @mchottie, thanks again! Im super excited to get it rigged up and hit the water but I'm looking for some advice before I start drilling and cutomizing. I have a Scotty Transducer arm mount that i will be attaching to the stern by the handle for my transducer. I also have 2 Scotty fishing rod mounts that I would like to install up front, 1 port and 1 starboard for trolling, and a Lowrance Hook5. I want to have these on a rail system and maybe the FF on a RAM, plus somewhere to mount the gopro. Im looking for recommendations on this equipment, some of the yak accessory sites are overwhelming. What are good brands? Where do you usually buy it from? I have a west Marine close by but they seem more pricey than anywhere! Thanks in advance and heres a pic of the kayak before i even unloaded her.IMG_1789.jpg

The best advice I can offer is to fish with the boat before you begin rigging. Only then will you know where to locate your various accessories in ways that suit your needs.

Congratulations on your new boat.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      The best advice I can offer is to fish with the boat before you begin rigging. Only then will you know where to locate your various accessories in ways that suit your needs.

Congratulations on your new boat.
      I second what Mark said... you need to get a feel for where you want everything located, especially if your drilling.

Comment

i understand that. i got the transducer arm mounted and put together a milk crate rod holder with pvc. what i was really getting at was if you guys had a recommended brand for a track system and fish finder mounting system

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
          i understand that. i got the transducer arm mounted and put together a milk crate rod holder with pvc. what i was really getting at was if you guys had a recommended brand for a track system and fish finder mounting system

Look on the YakAttack webpage: yakattack.us

Their GearTrac stuff is first-rate. Here is an example of what I did with my fist Hobie.

http://www.snaggedline.com/attachmen...1&d=1466702870

IMG_2420.jpg

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by baitball; 06-11-2017, 06:19 AM.
          -manny

Hobie Outback
          Wilderness Systems 130T
          Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Sweet! We look forward to hearing of your fishing adventures.

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

I can't believe I missed this thread. That boat comes with some good fish mojo, you have two of my PB's to beat!

Largest Striped Bass: 26.5"
              Largest Snakehead: 31" Citation

I was originally planning on a gear track with a scotty pivot transducer arm over the side:

And the rear cargo area, we stowed a BPS Plano Watertight Utility Box in the front segment, it fit almost perfect upright:

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
              X