Working On my 2nd kayak since 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working On my 2nd kayak since 2010

Technology wise kayaks have been rigged so many different ways than when I first got my ocean kayak torque in 2010. Recently my coworker & I purchased Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Kayaks(definitely hard to find in the area) near Lexington, VA. I was a little hesitant at first as I've always loved the Ocean Kayak Trident Series, but this time around I didn't feel like breaking the bank on a new Trident and got an awesome deal for two Vibe Sea Ghost 130'S.

I started my first modification installing an DC Digital Voltmeter Panel with Dual USB Ports and a DC 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Socket for my new Humminbird HELIX 5 Chirp SI GPS G2 Fishfinder and Chartplotter. I had to cut out a rubber gasket to fit the holes perfectly, with a little Goop and 4 screws in the corners of the plate. Before wiring it, I took the kayak out on Little Seneca Lake for a flip over test, test was Satisfactory and its water proof after rolling kayak purposely.

image1.jpg

Just need to slightly cut the gasket to give it a cleaner look on top left corner of the plate. More to follow as I plan to make a two battery case, attach fishfinder, and attach night time running lights with a on/off switch.

Nicely done. Very professional-looking install.
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
      Nicely done. Very professional-looking install.
      Thanks,

I just installed the fish finder with the transducer, trying figure out how I'm going make a battery box that fits two 12V batteries. Several videos out there, but mostly for one battery setup.

Comment

Very nice. I'll be curious to know how the cigarette lighter male / female works out for you. I gave up on mine, as they got really rusty.

Best regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
        X