Mid/upper- Severn 6/9/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid/upper- Severn 6/9/17

Well, the bite is really heating up!! For this mornings outing, I trolled in deep and shallow water and with my lures high and low in the column. I caught fish in every area I was trying. I'm still using a chrome/green 1oz rat-l-trap and a 5 inch pearl paddletail​ hooked on a white 1oz bucktail jig.

I covered 5 miles of water and caught a total of 12 fish, 5 of which were keepers. The largest fish measured out to 26 1/2"! I came home limited with the 26 1/2" and a 23".

If you can get out there, then do it!

Nicely done! Early morning, I assume?
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfish View Post
      Nicely done! Early morning, I assume?
      Thank you! Yes, I launched at 5:00am and was back to my launch at 7:45.
      Last edited by supfisher01; 06-09-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

It's fun to rub it in at our monthly fishing meetings that Steve catches more fish from a "surtboard & canoe paddle" than the guys with $80,000 boats
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
          It's fun to rub it in at our monthly fishing meetings that Steve catches more fish from a "surtboard & canoe paddle" than the guys with $80,000 boats
          Haha!! I'd say a lot of the guys on snagged catch more fish than most motor boaters. Stealth mode works!

Not my style to rub it in, I just let the pics and reports speak for themselves.

Comment

Nice report! and pictures!

I fished this morning from Smith's Marina. I caught 10 dinks... can I tag along next time?
            2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
              Nice report! and pictures!

I fished this morning from Smith's Marina. I caught 10 dinks... can I tag along next time?
              Thank you!

You can definitely tag along as long as you're ok with a 5:00am launch and only being out for a couple of hours. I launch out of my private community beach and when I leave, you will have to as well. Message me and we can work on the details.

Comment

Nice work. I think you out fish most of us in the plastic boats, as well. Do you run electronics on your paddleboard?
                Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by Crotalus View Post
                  Nice work. I think you out fish most of us in the plastic boats, as well. Do you run electronics on your paddleboard?
                  Thank you!

No electronics.... yet.

I solely rely on time spent on the water to know when, where, and how. Also, my fishing logs that I keep from previous years help. They never repeat from previous years but I have a good starting point.

Comment

26" is great for this time of year-Congrats! I am going to launch at Jonas tomorrow AM and fish the mouth a bit.
                    J

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
                      26" is great for this time of year-Congrats! I am going to launch at Jonas tomorrow AM and fish the mouth a bit.
                      Definitely surprised me, I thought I hooked a CNR for a few seconds. And thank you!

I hope you get into'em​ and I look forward to your report.

Comment

Working...
                      X