Malibu Stealth 12??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malibu Stealth 12??

Hello so I found a Malibu Stealth 12 kayak on Craigslist. The guy is willing to do $700 and it has been used for a year. I have read many of the threads on hear about the Stealth 12, and I am scared to choose that kayak as I plan to use it in bay waters. So my questions are as follows: (1) has the Malibu Stealth 12 improved over the last couple years (as they said it did and most of the threads I found on here are pre-2013); (2) is $700 a fair price that you all would pay for one (not the 2017 one with the x-factor seat); (3) are there any kayaks in the $650-$1000 range that I would be better off with, even the Ascend 12T?

Thank you for your help. I have been fishing out of an old row Vapor for years and finally decided to move to a sit-on-top.

The stealth series are pretty wide 34" if I remember correctly. It should be solid for stability. A 12' yak will do the job in most waters including the bay. Will it be the best 4+ hours of trolling kayak? No but you should feel steady with boat wakes that go by. I think people tend to overthink the bay. Watch the wind and current and if it looks bad at the launch just don't go out. 700 seems fair if it has a seat. I know most malibus do not include seats. As far as the front hatch I know they use to leak but I only herd of one time where someone sank the kayak. Bring a pump, and that problem is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

What you get with that boat is super stability, an awesome live well, and a pretty flexible fishing platform.
      Speed is not what you get.
      The hatch thing is only an issue in really rough water. There are some things you can do to mitigate the leaking.....IM me if interested

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I have had a longer stealth and now have an x-factor....so im malibu savvy. Though Fishtank is the Malibu expert

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
        X