Ft. Smallwood/White Rocks fishing Sunday 6/11/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Smallwood/White Rocks fishing Sunday 6/11/17

John (silasvirus82) and I are fishing early Sunday morning around Ft. Smallwood/White Rocks. All are welcome to join and either launch at Ft. Smallwood, or there is a private launch into rock creek that you can launch at as well (contact me or John for that info). We plan on being on the water by 6am, and I plan on being off it by 10am, I think John is planning a similar time. Looking to target rockfish, and possibly perch, and if the winds remain low, the name of the game will be spreading out and finding fish. So if you do join us, plan to have your vhf on channel 68, as I intend to be communicating whether or not I'm catching fish and where. I will mostly be trolling and possibly jigging if I find some schools holding deep.

I might be up for it. If I do I'll be on 68 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent, will see you out there if you do make it out

Comment

Yesterday evening was a bit windy. I trolled from the park to the bodkin with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those interested in a report....Not a whole lot of large fish action yesterday, but at least there was some action. Lots of small white perch and small rockfish caught between John and I. I should've stuck with him and fished closer to shore and the creek mouths, but I wanted to cover lots of ground and hit up a few spots which held a lot of fish in the fall and earlier this spring. The rocks didn't provide for me like they usually do, no bites at all there, which was surprising. But like I said earlier, I did find a few small stripers out past ft smallwood, and in random spots just trolling around. There was a ton of bait in the water, I think I saw a nice school of what looked like bay anchovies, just pecking at and jumping around a floating log. I suspect many of the fish were probably gorging themselves on those guys, but there certainly were a few that were still looking to feed. I don't think I will hit this spot up again until the fall, unless some really positive reports come out of it. I think I will move my search for some early season keeper striper to the Magothy, and probably mostly the Severn.

Comment

Working...
          X