Little Assawoman Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Assawoman Bay

Does anybody fish Little Assawoman Bay back toward Dirickson and Rt 381 Bridge. The place looks good from shore but I don't see any Kayaks or boats in that area the times I have driven past the area. Any information you could supply would be great.

Thanks eyedaddy

I haven't fished this area yet but will be staying back in Dirickson Creek June 10 - 17. I have two kayaks and a boat. I'll let you know how my brother and I make out.

Comment

Pretty shallow back there except for the marked channel. Great area for crabbing. Croaker fishing and flounder can be good at the edge of the channel and tossing lures into the grass bed edges might pick up some unexpected specks, and small stripers. The biggest problem of the channel is the traffic.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks Salty Dog for the info. I have never fished that area before and plan to give it a shot next week if all goes well down here. From shore it looks almost too god to be true as I have never seen any boat traffic from the 381 bridge in passing or from standing on shore to look around. Sounds like I need to hook up my depth finder now. If I can get up there I'll re-post what happens.

eyedaddy

Comment

I have friends in Swann keys and usually launch from there if i fish that side. Not really sure of the Rt 381 bridge from the water but I would stay east(closer to the ocean) and fish the edge of the channel closer to the Rt 54 cut (toward Harpon Hannahs)
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks for the info, my launch place is closer the Rt. 381 bridge but I will be exploring the place a little at a time. Getting ready to hit the Rhode River this evening and work the creeks.

eyedaddy

Comment

Working...
            X